THE PURGE

My Xbox 360's 250GB Hard Drive is beginning to get drastically low on storage. What should I do to free up space? I usually just delete game data from games I never play, but I think I will run out of things to delete before I run out of memory space.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Buy a 32 gig memory stick or format a portable hard drive with a 32 gig partition and transfer stuff onto it.

Delete stuff like game installs or DLC you dont need

There must be a bunch of stuff you could delete & redownload if you needed it again.

I have a 250gb hdd & don't think i've ever had less than 70gb free space.I always uninstall my games if i'm not playing them for a while,same with dlc.

I recently had a bit of a clean out of about 40gb of game installs and saves etc that I do not intend on playing again. That should at least last me a few months before another clean is in order.

You only have 47 games,what`s it filled with?

I have 180 games and still have 50GB to spare.

Usually things that take up the most space on my HDD are DLC packs for games or when you install the game disc to your HDD. Maybe try removing some DLC for games you no longer play (you can always re-download them down the road) or uninstall games you no longer play (once again, you can always just re-install them). Premium themes, game demos and videos also use a decent amount of storage space. Maybe try removing the non-essential ones.

Hope this helps!

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

You only have 47 games,what`s it filled with?

I have 180 games and still have 50GB to spare.

[/quote]

Many of the larger games were downloaded from the marketplace.

Game demo's, DLC, etc, probably take up a lot of space as well.