The only thing that will deside if im going to buy a PS4 or a xbox 3/720

Well im prety shure that the new Xbox that will be released in some years from now is going to be a great console, BUT even though this is prety soon to say, i just wanted to say that i wont buy a xbox 3/720 if its going to cost money to be able to play online and buy expansion dlc's (im not saying i want dlc for free, but that i dont want it cost money to get online to be able to buy dlc's), because since it costs money to play online and buy dlc's it has costed me a LOT of money that i wish id rather use to get myself a PS3.

If they could do like Sony and do so you just have to pay ONE time to be able to play as much as you want online, then im going to buy a xbox 3/720, but if not, ill rather use my money on a ps4, because even though for eksample a ps3 costs more money than a 360, in the long run a ps3 is cheaper because it doesnt cost money every now and then to play online.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

XBOX Live Silver is free. It doesn't cost anything to access the Marketplace. The only thing Gold does is give people access to some things early/at a discount.

PS4 will be free to play online? Noone knows this. What are you talking about. You'll get the next xbox. You know you will.

If all nextboxes are bundled with kinect it's no buy for me.

If I decide to continue with consoles next generation, I'll probably and up with all of them again. That said, the next Xbox will more than likely be at the bottom of my to buy list. I really don't need another FPSBox, especially if something like Kinect is the controller.

Silver is free, but you cant play online, and things cost a hell of a lot more if you dont have Gold, thats prety much the main reason why i dont want it to cost money to play online with others.

No i wont get the next Xbox if it costs money to play with others, i can accept a one time only fee to be able to play online and buy stuff, after all the guys at Microsoft need some ekstra cash to upgrade stuff and make things better, but when it *** costs 499NOK/90$ to play online for 12 months then they are too greedy, and that will cost them money, because then people wont buy their products because of the unesessary fees!

Sorry OP but why did you purchase an Xbox 360 knowing that it was a paid Service for Gold to begin with? It's been like this since day one and will still be like this the Next Gen as well.

If you feel the price of anything is not "worth it" to you, decide what Service/ Product will better fit what you want.

[quote user="PSYCO KRIS"]Silver is free, but you cant play online, and things cost a hell of a lot more if you dont have Gold[/quote]Say what now? Gold gets Deals of the Week and some early access to some content. That's all. Gold does not make Marketplace content universally cheaper.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

Sorry OP but why did you purchase an Xbox 360 knowing that it was a paid Service for Gold to begin with? It's been like this since day one and will still be like this the Next Gen as well.

If you feel the price of anything is not "worth it" to you, decide what Service/ Product will better fit what you want.

[/quote]

It was not this bad in the early days however and I had no problem paying the subscription fee until I saw the direction they took Xbox Live. My experience this gen really makes me wonder if I will buy another Xbox next gen. Especially since almost everything now released is multiplatform anyway.

The only reason the PS3 is free online is because at the time no one was sure if console gamers would pay to play online in grate numbers, you can bet real money you will have to pay to go online with a PS4.