The Norwegian Shooter trained on MW2?

SOURCE

If this is true what sort of an effect will this have on the gaming community?

We get enough stick with violent video games but when a terrorist claims to have trained on one and caused a disaster this big,how much will it affect us and the games of the future?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hate the player not the game hehe

Always comes up when there's a shooting,

Funny how they never use the same argument with car drivers who have no license but are actually good drivers after only playing Forza games...

I thought the video game he was into was WoW, Ive not seen or heard anything about him being into MW, (I might have missed it though) If he so much as had a copy of MW in his house one of the papers wil soon be all over it.

well the military use video games as training :P and also they train on courses aswell lol

Oh dear. MW2 is a good simulation? Really? It's probably the least realistic shooter available, if the guy had never shot a gun before and used MW2 as "training" he'd have probably tryed quickscoping them.... 

Videogames are a scapegoat yet again.

And i bet he was a spawn camper too? this is absolute nonsense, before long sombody will say he used to be in my clan.  Imo, 1500 pages of crap, trying to justify why he killed so many of his own people.

It wasn't me.

Have FOX News heard about this? They'll be all over it when they do.

Playing the game didnt cause him to shoot all those people, there saying he used MW2 as a training aid,which is stupid and sadly is very easy to fire a weapon. Guns are designed for one thing and they are very good at it.

I know that most likely it wasn't the reason at all that the guy did it but the media over react on the smallest things and blame it on video games, so with something this big happening they have a (In their eye's) a great reason to attack them.