The Next xbox??

Hi all,

We see, we read and we hear all about the " new xbox " But is there any truth in it?? 

Can anyone out there share the Facts about When it is due, What games are being released with launch day - I always see people mention The new Halo will be the release game, What are we getting with the new xbox, What graphics are we expecting etc etc ( Graphically I think the xbox we have is doing a gr8 job ) 

I just think it would be nice for the facts to be gathered together - "The Truth is out there somewhere" LOL

Thanks for any help given,

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

www.shoptonews.net/.../nextbox-already-being-manufactured

I believe most info floating about at the moment mate is mostly rumour/speculation.

In the above link there's already talk that the next Xbox is being manufactured which seems to fit in with what alot of people think that it will be launched in 2013.

Another rumour I've seen a few times now on various sites is that Forza 5 will be a launch title, interesting really seeing as Turn 10 are suppose to be working on 'Forza Horizons' their next game for the 360 which they have said themselfs is not Forza 5! so are they holding it back for the new machine?

I think we all have enough common sense to know that all platform leaders are working on their next consoles, Nintendo once again went first announcing their next console

-

It is simple business logic to make the next model, but its also simple business to make a big announcement when ready or to at least deflect speculation until you are ready to announce it. Remember the Slim? Announced and released all in the same month.

-

No doubt MS have been working on the next console the moment the 360 was released, the Slim and kinect was no doubt the final model of current 360 MS had worked on and have developing the next Xbox for years now, and the NDA with developers and publishers and manufacturers would be seriously strict regarding it so we get rumours going around yet no confirmations

-

MS Claim that no reveals would be made at E3, fair enough...they may have the business strategy of giving the 360 and Kinect more time to generate revenue because they are, but who knows....I still expect something to be shown or revealed using E3..time will tell

-

There will be a next xbox, its closer then we think, but for me, with the history of launch models of xbox, and seeing how the 360 is still a very capable console as it is right now, I will give the next console at least a year to settle into the market and see what issues if any it will have, and what MS will do to refine it post release

-

Patience people

"I want to believe" lol...

There's no 'facts'. No-one can tell you anything other than conjecture about what it might be like.

Since many developers are already working on next-gen titles, it's a good assumption that these developers already have the next-xbox development kits. If a console release was next year - going on past history the launch campaign would start March 2013, Massive E3 reveal June 2013, release Fall 2013.

-

Another good assumption is that if a console was coming in 2013 and it's launch campaign was about to start early next year, then it's pretty much finalised in hardware specs and design. There'll be people out there already who know what it can do and what it looks like...

-

Kinect can do everything except send a picture message over Xbox LIVE...maybe by next-gen it can do such a simple task with it's RGB camera.

Some good comments etc,  I agree that we'd be foolish to think that there isnt going to be a new xbox...............I can only think that it will be the apps, entertainment side etc that they are going to improve.  I think graphically that most games are sound - it would be intresting to see a 360 game and the new xbox game of the same title showing the diffrence and improvment of graphics.............................I dont think it would be something that i would be rushing to buy straight away, as mentioned before i'd like to see this settle into the marketplace first before commiting............................And persides I still have loads to do on the games I have and the games i want to do in the future - plenty of xbox 360 gaming time to keep me going.......................................

[quote user="Maccadooooooooo"]

Hi all,

We see, we read and we hear all about the " new xbox " But is there any truth in it?? 

Can anyone out there share the Facts about When it is due, What games are being released with launch day - I always see people mention The new Halo will be the release game, What are we getting with the new xbox, What graphics are we expecting etc etc ( Graphically I think the xbox we have is doing a gr8 job ) 

I just think it would be nice for the facts to be gathered together - "The Truth is out there somewhere" LOL

[/quote]

how can the new halo game be the release game for the new xbox, when the new halo game is coming this year.

[quote user="iMayHem Avenger"]

[quote user="Maccadooooooooo"]

Hi all,

[/quote]

how can the new halo game be the release game for the new xbox, when the new halo game is coming this year.

[/quote] Fair point mate and please dont get me wrong but this wasn't my suggestion..  I think that this was in the early days of when halo 4 was first heard of and people were saying that it was to get released along side the new xbox due to it the first halo being released with the very first xbox.  If you see what i am trying to get at................

But it is quite amusing that there seems to be talk about new games being released with the new xbox or they have been delayed to await the new xbox.......

To be honest, for this year I expected the next console to be announced at E3 and released for the Christmas season with HALO 4 as the release title for it

-

But I could also see HALO 5 as a release title for it, HALO CE and HALO 2 were big helpers in selling the original Xbox console, when HALO 3 came out it help to shift the 360 so..HALO has been a big part of Xbox releases

-

Still waiting to see if E3 does come and go with no mention of the next console, despite MS staff saying the opposite

Anyone expecting to hear anything this E3 and to see it out this year is going to be sorely disappointed.

Christmas 2013, I'd put every penny of my money on it.