The Next Direction For Gaming?

I'm not sure about you guys/gals but I'm getting bored of every new game that comes out, very quickly. I've seen plenty of people saying that they're getting bored of First Person Shooters etc and it made me think, what can the gaming world do to re-ignite the enthusiasm of the gamers?

Does a new console need to be brought out? Maybe mix up the genres of games, we've seen it with Borderlands that it can work well...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i think fully customisable characters and the ability to record your own voice would be cool.

The Evolution of gaming is being Trialed tomorrow ;-)

@primo lol nice one :P

Pong

HD 3D!?!

It's certainly the age of sequels right now... what I'd like to see most is for the next gen consoles to branch out and produce a vast quantity of  AAA new IP's and universes.

I don't know if I could ever get bored with Dark Souls.. I can always go back to that... As for new games I'd just like depth, variation and plenty of replay value.

Co-op and character creation always get me interested because 1) I like teamwork and 2) I enjoy personalising the experience :)

The gamers of tomorrow are playing "Skylanders".

I've seen children marching their parents into the game section of the supermarkets and making them pick up a copy.

My first impression is that it's the XBox version of "Pokemon" but there could be much more to it than that.

While traditional formats are good fun they can be a bit tired and overly formulaic.

That's why it's fun to play stuff that can be a little far out like "Deadly Premonition", "Shadows of the Damned" or "NeverDead".

Az

[quote user="SunridgeS"]

I'm not sure about you guys/gals but I'm getting bored of every new game that comes out, very quickly. I've seen plenty of people saying that they're getting bored of First Person Shooters etc and it made me think, what can the gaming world do to re-ignite the enthusiasm of the gamers?

Does a new console need to be brought out? Maybe mix up the genres of games, we've seen it with Borderlands that it can work well...

[/quote]

I've said it myself quite a few times lately I'm bored senseless with 'First Person Shooters' don't get me wrong I've had plenty of fun myself on them over the years but whether it's Call Of Duty, Battlefield, basically to me each new one is just a 'Flashy Update' sure they have new maps, weapons, a few new modes which most of the time seem to be cleverly disguised old ones from previous games but basically they never feel that different from the ones before!

I love my racing games, take the next F1 game though, what really can they add from the previous games? Sure I know it's got a few new touches but again nothing to me that couldn't have been done in an update! I like the idea of the Test Drive games, at least they tried to do something different from other racers out there, pity though the second one had/has so many issues! Also I'm keeping a keen eye for any new news on 'Forza Horizons' ..

I hope when the next console comes out you will see more devs taking a few risks and give us something new and original, it just seems to me that companies now think that all gamers just want more of the same with flashy graphics, look at a game like 'FEZ' I've talked to a few people who are playing it and they said it's just so addictive and are the graphics amazing?

For me I just thank god there's games out there I enjoy as much as The Witcher 2 because otherwise I think I might have to take up a different hobby!

i'm just waiting for something awesome on kinect. there is so much pontential but they just have all those kiddy/ dance games

I think fps characters should be more customisable like brink.

Where you can properly customise your. Haracter