The new interface

Do you think we'll be able to change what interface we want to use in Xbox settings?

I'm inching really close to buying an Xbox One and one of my favorite things about it is the Metro interface. This new interface coming out isn't much to my liking. I hear Metro is slow but is it really that slow? Then again I don't even own an Xbox One yet so I guess I don't really know how good or bad it is yet :P

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You should go try one in a store? I have not had problems with anything being slow in the menus. I use the pin (favorites) section and can get in and out of games/apps without delay

Just like the 360, you won't have the option to have your choice of UI. Yes the current UI is slow since everything is an app. I wouldn't let the UI sway your purchase decision.

The current UI is alright, can be a bit slow at times but not too bad.
I'm definitely stoked for the Windows 10 UI though, looking great so far :)

Compared to PS4, this UI has been a mess.  But if they make an effort to mimic how easy it is to transition on that system, you guys are going to love the changes.

if you haven't bought a xbox one yet it would be very wise to 1st look at this thread forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

just to know what you getting yourself into, it's a expensive machine & if you got problems microsoft's support is not that helpful, if you got a problem you can't email microsoft & inform them about it. it's a good console but the support sucks if you willing to look past that well then the xbox is cool

I've seen the PS4 UI - I don't like it....

[quote user="Back Lot Basher"]

Compared to PS4, this UI has been a mess.  But if they make an effort to mimic how easy it is to transition on that system, you guys are going to love the changes.

[/quote]

Are you kidding?  I'd take the Xbox UI over the Playstation's UI any day.  The main page layout is fine, but I hate the layout of the sub-menus.  

PS4's UI is just everything in one big list from what I can remember, not used one in a while though...

Come November we'll be getting the new ui/dashboard so check out some videos of what it will look like since so far the Ui is annoying in many ways,  so many steps to doing simple tasks.

The customer service is very good in my opinion.

The UI could be faster but it's not bad. It's a good console and I do not regret my purchase.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!