The new controllers are broken but nobody is complaining... or am I crazy?

Recently I have had to replace my wired Xbox 360 controller for another new wired controller. The original controller was attained at the beginning of the 360's lifespan but eventually failed due to constant use. Upon purchasing a new controller ( I have bought and returned 3 so far and found they all have the exact same issue), I immediately found that it is much harder to use my new controller (specifically aiming in a FPS ala' Black Ops) than my previous, older controller.

At first, I thought that my issue was purely psychological, and that I was used to the "mood" of my old controller. However, upon further inspection I found that the new controller contained a new and detrimental feature that seems to be the bane of my ability to aim. After a weeks use, I found that I still could not properly snap onto a target or aim nearly as precisely as I could with my original controller.

The issue I have run into is a matter of a possible production change.When either the right and left thumbstick are depressed, the thumbsticks of the new controller are pushed down normally, but fail to rise all the way back up to their starting position upon the release of pressure. This depression of the thumbsticks into a lower position forces the range of motion to lessen due to the stick contacting the plastic rim of the controller earlier than had the stick of the controller been maximum length.

To get the controller thumbsticks back into the original position, I must physically pull the thumbstick back up by gripping the bottom of the thumbstick cradle and apply an upward force. This resets the thumbstick to the upper position, but does not fix the problem as any application of force will cause the thumbstick to depress again.This makes it much harder if not impossible to judge how much force I need to apply in order for precision aiming.

Has there been a change in the new wired controllers when compared to the older editions? Has anyone noticed the same issue I have been having?

If anyone is still confused, I will try to further explain my problem, and I hope that I can get a response on whether I am merely crazy or experiencing a real issue with the new wired controllers when compared to the older editions.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I understand what you're talking about with the thumbsticks getting 'stuck' down. My black wireless controller from 2007 is the same way, yet it's never bothered me. The thumbstick click works perfectly fine with either or both in the down 'stuck' postition, it's just a different amount of a resistance. The solution is simple in my opinion, just keep them 'stuck' down all the time, there's no reason to pull them up whatsoever. The controller seems to work just fine for me as I have a K/D ratio of 2.3 in BFBC2.

If you can't come to grips (no pun intended) with the design I would suggest looking at aftermarket controllers like this one:

store.razerzone.com/.../categoryId.54746700

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Silent, I like to play BFBC2 and am looking for competent squadmates, I will send you a friend request!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.