The Micro USB port on the Xbox One controller is simply awful. Alternatives?

Hi,

Is there an alternative to using micro USB cables with Xbox One controllers? please don't say "use Official Xbox One Play & Charge Kits" because they are the same thing. The port we are expected to use to use to make our controllers like wired controllers is awfully designed and positioned, its so sensitive literally any wear and tear will negatively impact the controller, this has disadvantaged me massively because my controller likes to disconnect itself constantly meaning I now cannot game with worrying my controller will disconnect itself randomly. 

When I do utilize the Micro USB cable it wobbles, implying the cable isn't securely in position. I don't understand what was wrong with simple wired controllers? I don't want to use Micro USB ports, just because Apple use them doesn't make them good..

Literally had nothing but problem after problem after problem with the Xbox One and as someone who has been in love with Halo since Halo: Combat Evolved it pains me to say I cant help but feel I've made the wrong choice in console this time round. With all things considered...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 902 Applies to:

That how it was designed. There no MS aproved non micro USB opion. There is addaptor that will trun the micro USB port to a plan USB port. But there no other kind of cable can connected without it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, it's a HORRIBLE design! I can't even put my controller down or even let the cable bump my leg without it disconnecting. I have two controllers and two charge and play kits and it does the same thing for both.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, TomatoSauceTy! This thread is pretty old here. If you have a support question, please go ahead and post up a new thread detailing the issue you're running into and the troubleshooting steps you've done.

If you would like to give a feedback suggestion, head on over to our Feedback site to post it up! If it's already posted, please upvote that person's suggestion to help move it to the top of Hot ideas.

Sorry this didn't help.