The many benefits of BC on the XB1

I just downloaded all of the games I have via the new BC update and now (technically-speaking) have 88 XB1 games; the BC games I have currently are as follows:
A World of Keflings
Alien Homonid HD
Defense Grid
Geometry Wars Evolved
Jetpac Refuelled
Mass Effect
N+
Perfect Dark
Super Meat Boy
Toy Soldiers
Toy Soldier: Cold War
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Zuma

...but that's all besides the point. I just felt like gloating a bit. :P

The point, however, is that I realized some pretty cool things (some of which you may already know from E3) regarding BC:
1. You can now purchase BC 360 games from the Xbox.com website for your Xbox One console, even if you don't have an Xbox 360.
2. Games owned via the Xbox Live Games with Gold promotion that are on the BC list are still available.
3. You can play, message, and chat online with your Xbox 360 friends who don't have an Xbox One console!
4. The games look and run better, if not exactly like they did on the Xbox 360.
5. You can unlock Xbox 360 achievements for BC games.
6. Your saves from the Xbox 360 are intact!

So, when MS says they're expanding their library of games, they really mean it.

This. Is. Awesome!

Feel free to tell me what you think of the features regarding BC that you did or did not know about, while I go finish crying and dry up my tears of happiness again. ;)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

6. Is technically not completely true. ME saves don't work if you had DLC.

5. Also is half true. Games run at their native resolution.

GG if you pus both the start and select button at the same time it brings up the old 360 guide. i went on mass effect and it said start a new single player even though iv got over 500 hours on the game

I was wondering how you got access to that - thanks, N7!

@24: I said it looked better, if not the same - that means it's either better OR the same, but definitely not worse. Also, I think you got the numbers mixed up. ;)

I noticed that any 360 game I play on my X1 shows up on our recently played list on the forum.....  but still any X1 games don't?   (Battle Block and DG for 360), I was playing Game of Thrones last night and nothing.  Same console now....  weird....

It will be cool once there are some good games that are BC. As of now, they're meh.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

The games are a joke as of right now. Good concept but unless it get's good games on it which it will not imo so what.

Games currently compatible include:

A Kingdom for Keflings

A World of Keflings

Alien Hominid HD

Banjo-Kazooie

Banjo-Tooie

BattleBlock Theater

Defense Grid

Geometry Wars Evolved

Hexic HD

Jetpac Refuelled

Kameo

Mass Effect

N+

Perfect Dark

Perfect Dark Zero

Small Arms

Super Meat Boy

Toy Soldiers

Toy Soldiers: Cold War

Viva Piñata

Viva Piñata: TIP

Zuma

This is weird, I own the digital version of kameo so why is this not in my previous downloads on the one, most of the others are except that game.

@bstn - Why don't you give it some time, it has just gone live for preview members only, they will be adding to it, and it gives me a chance to finish games that I own on the 360 format which is very convenient meaning I don't have to connect a 360 and I can run everything in one place.

@bstn617: "The games are a joke right now".  Err...it's a preview, it's not supposed to be a big list. You understand the concept of a 'preview' right?

The main reason I like this is because I will no longer need my 360 plugged in, I can pack it away as a spare for the kid's. I still have well over 200 360 games that I'm still like to play from time to time.

Like Farscape said. It's only just gone live and needs some time.