The Lack of Policing that happens on Xbox.

An Observation From an Annoyed Gamer

I  have played  a lot of games of games across a variety of platforms and I have observed that on a high number of occasions there is a blatant flaunting of Modification or Hacking of the games for Example on Transformers War for cybertron people are able to use overshielding at will which is not one of the games features so clearly they are manipulating the game by illegitimate means, and when they are reported they never seem to get dealt with by our lovely Service providers who tell us that we must police ourselves to keep the network clean of hacking and modding but I have on several occasions confronted microsoft with lists of people who have told me that they have modified consoles allowing them to cheat but they seem to still be online able to cheat and reduce the enjoyment of those who do not modify there console just to win against other gamers. I Personally would love to see that microsoft stop giving us these token removals of people and actually have some sort of direct inforceable system that allows us to truly have a system that works and allows us to properly police ourselves

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If you use the report system on Xbox Live to report these people they are dealt with in some way. That doesn't mean you will immediately see the action taken. i suggest that anytime you see someone noticeable cheating (hacking or modifying content) report them using the in-game or xbox report system. Just be sure you select the proper reason for the report when you submit.

As far as giving us a direct enforceable system, I personally feel that it might be abused much as the rep system is now. I think at the moment when a report of cheating, hacking or modification comes in Microsoft actually has to investigate the reports so therefore implementing something that takes affect quickly would be pretty difficult. Again this is only my opinion.  

I have done so several times on the same people whom have both confirmed to me in game lobbies and through the out right  cheating they keep doing which I have witnessed over the last couple of months on several games and yet they are still online and cheating without so much as a ban or a slap on the wrists because microsoft do not listen now that they have our money.

I love gaming it is one of the few things im able to do, but the number of cheaters on the multiplayer games seems to be increasing more and more but microsoft dont seem to be doing anything. I would have to say that microsoft need to just hand over the policing of the gaming servers to us completely or just get a dedicated company to do it there earning enough money from the 40 million subscribers using live

[quote user="Grimlocke Prime"]I have on several occasions confronted microsoft with lists of people[/quote]The only valid complaint avenue is via the console. Giving lists of people to Microsoft means less than nothing. You're wasting MS's time.[quote]I have done so several times[/quote]What, with lists?

File a complaint via the console and block the gamertag. If the game has an in-game reporting system, use that as well. That's all you should do. Anything else is a waste of everyone's time.

I tend to report people in Halo Reach all the time and they seem to never get banned too. I had even someone who was asking for passwords saying he could help people get achievements.

I have done so via both formats and nothing has been recieved

@Grimlocke Prime - Just because you don't get a response from you reporting someone doesn't action is not being taken against the gamer tags in question. Report and block is all you do (like you were told). You hear nothing else about it.

The Policy doesn't and won't tell you if anything has happened. All you can do is browse the Suspension forums and you shall see that gamers get suspended/banned on a daily basis. Also take note if they are valid complaints then they will take appropriate action. Non-valid and they will do nothing. Also take note the more invalid complaints you make the less likely they'll take your complaints serious.

You are doing the right thing. File complaint then block. Nothing more you can do 

When you file a complaint you will not get a notification that anything has happened to that person. The enforcment department has to find proof that someone has done something, not just you filing the complaint. And if you check out the ban/suspend live forums and the console ones, you will see that these things do work and people do get caught. YES, some fall through the cracks as with all things in life, but keep filing those complaints and keep following the tou/coc and you will be good. Anytime someone cheats, says they are cheating or sends me a msg saying that they can or will do that to me, I turn them in, blocked them and avoid them. Thats what you can do, the rest is up to research and the correct departments within xobx and those other game companies.

I'll tell you what, I'll report your profile for inappropriate content and you tell us the complaint system doesn't work...

[quote user="Temhotabot"]

I'll tell you what, I'll report your profile for inappropriate content and you tell us the complaint system doesn't work...

[/quote]

hahahahahhaahaha +1

The funny part is, if a report was filed for content on him then I wouldn't doubt action would get taken, haha.