The King of Fighters XIII

Anyone else play this?

I managed to pick up a copy in my local Game at the weekend for a tenner and I have to say that it's one of the best 2D fighters I have played in a long time.  Not as easy to play as Street Fighter as it seems to require a bit more precision from your inputs which I think will help me refine my stick movements (I don't know how many times I tried to pull off a QCF->HCB movement and end up launching my character into the air).  I have heard that the online lets it down, but I honestly think that I won't miss it that much as there seems to be a lot to keep me interested offline.

(BTW, WTH is going on with Mai's breasts?)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'm not gonna hijack the thread but as I posted elsewhere, I found it crude and outdated.

----------

I don't even think Mai's swingers can save the game although they are a sight to behold. At least Az will post something positive about this game.

That's fair enough, that's kinda how I feel about the games Arc Systems make which I simply can't get on with at the moment.

I actually ordered it from their website myself for £9.99 the other week but unfortunately recieved the dreaded 'We've cancelled your order' email about 4 days later.

Didn't realise this price was available in store so might drop in if I get chance

Yeah, when I bought it on Sunday it was marked with a price of £19.99 but it went through the till at £9.99. I basically got it for nothing after trading in Battlefield 3.

Demo was okay, prefer other fighters in the market at the moment to be fair.

[quote user="MA71LDA"]I don't even think Mai's swingers can save the game although they are a sight to behold. At least Az will post something positive about this game.

[/quote]

Got your message on my answerphone and got here as soon as I could.

Brilliant game.  One of the best 2D fighters around.

It has the accessibility of "Street Fighter IV" without the imbalance and the depth,care and attention to detail of the "Blazblue" titles without being so difficult to do well in.

The unlockeables are a great fun and there are absolutely loads of them.  It's good fun to play alone or with your buddies.

The only thing you can fault it for is that in all it's HD glory the characters can look slightly pixellated.  It could have been in stunning HD.

For a tenner snap it up.

This game is also brilliant on your Iphone 4S as well.

Az