The kinect is a gimmick

I was one of those who never wanted the kinect but was willing to give it a chance. It's now the end of February and I have barely used it. 

For starters the voice command doesn't even work as well as Microsoft made out and its still faster to use the controller.

Games have not really utilised anything useful with the Kinect.

Their biggest selling point of the xbox one is a flop. Is their anyone else that agrees?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No.

No

Threads about the Kinect should just auto-delete now.  We need a bot.  

No

No

lol gimmick? Isn't everything in gaming a gimmick? Including Sony's new Virtual Reality headset they're going to try and cram down our throats.

I like ease of access and general accessibility. The x1's Kinect gives me that - it's not for everyone, but not everyone likes using their voice/gestures to navigate things. I love new technology and innovative technology and even though I made fun of the VR above, I'll probably be purchasing one of those too.

If we didn't care about new "gimmicks" such as superior 3d worlds to those we've played in the past wouldn't we all be gaming on our Nintendo/Atari? Anyone remember duck hunt? Or the PowerGlove or whatever it was called - I think gaming companies have been using these "gimmicks" for years to attract us.

It will work for some and make their gaming life easier and for others they'll hate it.

I use mine with the voice commands all the time.  Works great.

Nope,love the voice commands !

no, just no

I'd bet 500 dollars I can navigate anywhere on the x1 with kinect faster than you using a controller.