The irony of pre-release nerd rage

"XB1 underpowered, PS4 boring, XB1 buggy, PS4 overheating, XB1 too expensive, Sony going bankrupt, Microsoft evil, blah blah blah."

The ironic thing is none of this matters right now.  The ONLY thing that will drive console sales over the next 2-3 months is who can manufacture them fastest.  It will have nothing to do with the games, or the graphics, or the fan boys, or the haters.  Every single console released prior to xmas will be scooped up in minutes.  Short term winner will simply be based on raw manufacturing abilities.  When Microsoft and Sony announce console sales for 4th quarter 2013, the winner will be who cranked em out fastest.

Then the nerd rage will roar again as people react to the numbers LOL.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Well that might be part of it. Pricing might also be part of it as well though. Some people might rather spend 400 rather than 500 (depending on where you live) on a new console. Other than that I agree, it's pretty much pointless debate on how the consoles will perform when we haven't really gotten to see that much of them yet.

[quote user="B4RevenantGamer"]

Well that might be part of it. Pricing might also be part of it as well though. Some people might rather spend 400 rather than 500 (depending on where you live) on a new console. Other than that I agree, it's pretty much pointless debate on how the consoles will perform when we haven't really gotten to see that much of them yet.

[/quote]

Actually, my point is less that we haven't gotten to see them yet.  My point is that it doesn't matter.  XB1 can suck eggs and PS4 can melt when you plug it in, but no matter what there will not be a single PS4 or XB1 just sitting on shelves prior to xmas.  The demand this time of year will be so high the only thing that determines short term winner is who has the biggest factory, not who has the best console.

if sony was going bankrupt, the ps4 was overheating, or the x1 was buggy then i think that would matter. the thing is none of those are true and you are right they are going to sell as many as they can make for quite a while. i have a sense they will be making as many as they can through the entire year to have a large stockpile for next holiday season.

Sony is going bankrupt?? Since when? Well the Wii U didn't sell out after its launch. 

[quote user="beachbum RIZ"]

Sony is going bankrupt?? Since when? Well the Wii U didn't sell out after its launch. 

[/quote]

They aren't (although their finances are pretty bad so haters say that), but my point is FUD and nerd rage won't change anything short term.

And Wii U is no XB1/PS4.  For whatever reason Wii U totally lacked any hype whatsoever.  I'm a "hardcore gamer" and to be honest I had no clue when they even launched.  That's what happens when your market is casual gamers and 5 year olds.  Casual gamers don't care about new console launches and 5 year olds don't have credit cards.

My gaming platforms will be PC, XB1, PS4, and Steambox.  I had a Wii for my kids, but when even my 8 year old daughter thought it was lame you know you are toast.  3DS the kids still like, but not the Wii.  Done-ski

+a million to this post.

Very well put

I expect Xbox. Microsoft is richer than Sony.