The GameDVR is so bad!

The quality isn't even watchable, it's 720p but the bitrate is only 4000kbps and there is artifacting everywhere. To get videos off your console you need a Gold subscription which is nuts seeing as Skydrive is free on every other platform and we should just be able to put a usb stick in to get it off locally. Using the GameDVR sucks as well, you only get 5 mins at a time and you have to keep pausing and switching to keep on recording, this really ruins recording a race in Forza 5 for example as races are always longer.

To top that off the menu design is a mess, why are there 3 separate apps to do the job of 1? Why are they all so slow? Feel like I'm constantly waiting for simple UI stuff to load, like things shouldn't be this slow. I don't get why there is a menu for how many clips you want to put together? Why not just have one empty slot and when you fill one, another pops up? I cannot work out how to put 2 clips together, I can put 1,3 and 5 it seems, but not 2 or 4? Maybe I'm missing something, but then that would be a UI problem any ways. Why can't I edit more than 5 mins together? Do all Xbox owners have short attention spans or something?

It like the rest of the console is really bad, I do not get why there is only a non removable 2.5 drive in there either, it's probably the main reason why it is so slow and why the quality is so bad since it's doing everything at once. There should be a 3.5 drive in there tbh, I've seen the tear downs and there is enough room for one, it's a shame as they're 3 times faster and no more expensive.

USB support is urgently needed so we can use USB 3.0 external drives to record to so we can have better bitrates.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I dunno why this keeps taking all my paragraphs and bunching them together either.

you know all that info but not why the paragraphs go together?.....glad I read the last post first..

The quality won't be as good as a dedicated PVR, but it does the job of capturing clips and sharing them with your friends in no time. 

Hold shift and press enter for paragraphs.  

It should be as good as Shadowplay on PC at least, that is 10 times the bitrate and 1080p with no performance drain what so ever, like I said they really need to let us use a usb 3.0 drives to record to.

[quote user="BHC Bluez n 2z"]

Hold shift and press enter for paragraphs.  

[/quote]

This is the only site I have to do this for.

well i do agree with some points. honestly the video quality is dam good. i mean its not as good as an elgato or happuage hooked up to a good computer but it looks nice still. The 5 min limit does suck however as does the not allowing 2 or 4 clips.

If you want the top quality, you need to shell out for a dedicated PVR. This is a feature of the console to share cool clips. This feature is not intended for the next great youtuber to become famous. It is perfectly fine for what it's designed for. I don't know what clips you are watching but mine look pretty good at 720p. My complaint is the timer is way off. I said the command to record and the end of the clip was like 15 seconds before I said the command. Totally missed what I wanted to record.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZFE3cOq_tk]

This is what mine looks like and that isn't even after Youtube compression as you see from my PC it looks so much better...

That isn't watchable IMO and it isn't like I tried to make it look worse as you have no control over any setting...

ummm.... I just watched that video and it looks just fine.