The future of the Medal of Honor series?

I think the majority of people have probably forgotten that around 7 weeks ago Medal of Honor Warfighter was released.  I know some people commented on the forum saying they enjoyed the game which is fair enough.  I personally thought it looked crap just like the reboot they released 2 years ago.

Anyway I was looking at the Live activity charts earlier and you can see that MoH: W reached 19th on the list following it's release: http://majornelson.com/2012/11/09/live-activity-for-week-of-october-29/
On that week more people played Halo 3, a game released over 5 years ago, than MoH: W.
The following week MoH:W didn't even place in the live activity charts: http://majornelson.com/2012/11/13/live-activity-for-week-of-november-5/

So this leads me to believe that the game sold terribly, and was commercially a complete failure.  No doubt EA made a loss from this game. On top of that, I'm sure people are aware that the game got pretty bad reviews from critics.

So my questions are do you think EA should just give up with this lame and lazy attempt to reboot the series and greedy attempt to compete with COD by trying to go for yearly generic modern military FPS releases?  Also to those who actually played the game, do you want another one?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

After playing the BETA I would have probably said for EA to move on, however after playing this quite alot recently online I'd personally buy another one.

Now I'm not saying people haven't had issues with MOH online but from my own experience this trounces all over Black Ops 2 with how it runs online, in all the time I've been playing it with full lobbies of 20 players, not once have I noticed any lag, not been booted from a game, the only issue I had was twice when searching for a game with a mate it put us on different teams, Treyarch etc should take note here as I know from friends and family alone how many issues they have been having with BLOPS 2 recently.

Obviously this is all down to personal taste but I prefer it over the likes of BLOPS 2 because it has some of the best maps I've seen in a MP game ever, even playing with randoms people don't seem to go off running just going for the kills, it's much more of a team game, in fact I'd go as far to say I'm loving this online as much as I did Battlefield 3.

Obviously I know I will be in the minority here but you mentioned about it trying to compete with COD, I personally think COD should try and compete with this.

^^^^ he admits buying this, even better he says its good LMFAO TROLL

[quote user="NeRvE AgEnT 78"]

^^^^ he admits buying this, even better he says its good LMFAO TROLL

[/quote]

So because you don't like it it means other's can't? you've heard of personal opinions/choice right?

May I ask then, what you didn't like about it then?

This was an interesting one

-

First off, the reaction to it differed greatly between the gaming media who reviewed it and panned it and those who actually played it and seemed to enjoy it

-

Will it survive, well so far the rebooted series has had 2 games, both not commercially successful but then, EA doesnt exactly look as though it needs it to be. MoH has always been the stop gap game between CoD releases, sadly though the quality of it doesnt seem to be of enough status to mean it will every be a full on success

-

Is there room for it, yes, does it have a fan base, yes, but I doubt it will ever be more then a filler title inbetween more well known franchises

I played the beta and it wasn't too bad apart from being one map and when you get the controllable gunship you can't see or shoot anything.

I would like a WW2 shooter which takes days to complete instead of these short "futuristic/ modern" 2-4 hour single player campaigns, I remember playing MOH Frontlines on PS2 along with COD 2 (Xbox 360), really great intense games.

Rubbish game is rubbish and no one plays it after a month shocker! I actually didnt mind the first one but this one was never going to do anything, apart from the odd folk who enjoyed it.

Thoroughly enjoyed the campaign,  short but sweet,  trouble is i knew it would be short so it was only ever going to be a rental.

To be honest, Gamer. EA lose out on everything but the FIFA series.

-

They try to compete with CoD... They lose.

They try to compete with Forza... They lose.

They take over companies with a strong pedigree of game making... They make a knacker of everything.

-

EA are like the spoilt rich kid. They supply the funds and expect it all to be done there way. Sadly nobody actually likes there way for about 85% of there products. So rather than give the devs the money and invest as a confident back. They give money and want a say in everything but just destroy it.

-

On this gen alone. How many dev teams have EA destroyed do you reckon? I bet its sickening if we actually knew.

-

But yeah. Let MoH and NFS die a death

Both MoH and NFS need to stop. They are both getting stale/old and have been for quite some time.

One thing that confused me about the new MoH was EA releasing it so close to the release of both Halo 4 and BO2, most gamers (casual or otherwise) knew about these games coming out and both are more popular then MoH so why take the risk. Why not release it during the summer or as the summer is coming to a end where both Halo and CoD are still a few months away, but people are starting to get bored of the previous years CoD and may be looking for a alternative. Surely they didn't get much more sales then they would've gotten and people may have been more lenient on it because there is little alternative.

-

Maybe they should make it a WW2 shooter again, these days that would be fresh.