The Evil Within

I forgot to make this thread yesterday when I beat this marvelous game. Has anyone else played it? I loved every second of it. It was just a non-stop ride of survival horror goodnesss from beginning to end. Like the name says, there's a major evil! And the evil makes for a great plot, great scares, solid gameplay as well as some wtf holy crap monsters. Overall, I give this game a 9.5/10. It would get a perfect 10 but the fact that you can't up the difficulty for new game plus makes me sadface. Everything else doe? Amazing! I guess this is some mini review or just a "I love this game, you should buy it now" post. I recommend it anyone that loves the survival horror genre and doesn't get frightened easily lol.  I wasn't really a fan of the genre, but the game has converted me.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I got it when it was a DwG, played a bit.....  lost interest in it though..... will reboot when Im ready

Haha, I was tempted to make a thread like this long ago, instead I posted some tips for the Akumu run you can find here: forums.xbox.com/.../1883595.aspx

It's no secret I agree though and I'm waiting for the posters who will mention the cinematic bars on the top and bottom which you can't turn off and if that's the biggest complaint about a game, well I think they did pretty well, haha.

It's just a shame this game wasn't more popular (actually maybe I mean if the forums were more popular) because I would have loved to have had a discussion on everyone's theories, alas your theories mean nothing now because I know the answers.

The keeper DLC releases the 26 of this month I believe and I can't wait! I think I'm going to do another play through of the main game after to see if there's anything I missed which might be more obvious after completing the DLC's.

[quote]DigitalAssassin

I'm waiting for the posters who will mention the cinematic bars on the top and bottom which you can't turn off and if that's the biggest complaint about a game, well I think they did pretty well, haha.[/quote]

Here I am! Yeah those bars along with the worst FOV in the history of gaming killed this game completely for me. Couple those mind blowing *decisions (which they fixed on pc btw) with the fact that they (Tango) butchered the id Tech 5 engine to poop out this mess is astonishing.

* They weren't decisions, Tango Gameworks couldn't get the engine to perform so they put out unoptimized garbage, only for modders to show them how it's done a few days after release.

loved the game half way through second play through to max out charcter but on back burner while i try to play project cars and borderlands

Amazing game i love it...beat it twice on the One than again on 360. About time for a 3rd playthrough on the One:)

It was a great game. I had a pretty bug/glitch free play through. The story and environments are great also.

Did anyone else get the bottle glitch? It was pretty annoying, i was worried I'd have play the whole game like that

@Shigurui: The FOV wasn't that bad. People say the lines are annoying but I didn't mind them at all. Maybe cause I have a giant 46' inch tv.

@kingvas: Get back into it! I wasn't that interested in it at first. The first 3 chapters are so so. Picks up by the end of 3 and then I'm like holy crap chapter 5 and onwards was just keeping me on my toes.

I didn't have any glitches tbh. I found the game played pretty dang flawless. I should do a 2nd playthrough soon too for no upgrades. Did I mention I love this game? I would love a sequel!!

^Oh, there will be a sequel, once you play Kidman's missions you realise this is only the beginning and there is a much bigger picture at play here. The STEM machine is just plain crazy and could provide limitless environments and messed up monsters for the next games.

@Grady - What glitch was that? I never had any myself, but lots of people had issues with the silent kill achievement. It just happened to be the first achievement I got in the game, haha.

All this talk about it has made me really want to do another playthrough, but I will wait till after the last DLC.

Loved this game! I don't understand why this game doesn't get the credit it deserves. Overall gameplay was fantastic. Played through pretty much glitch free. The double keeper boss fight near the end was one of the most challenging in a long while. Also enjoyed the assignment DLC, and will play the consequence soon. Really hope there is a sequel.