The end of the 360 ...

I have noticed that out of all the upcoming E3 game reveals there are only a select few games being developed for the 360. MS stated that the 360 would be supported until 2016 but I think that is going to be very limited "new games" wise. Sure they will support the xbox live side of things well into 2016 but I think the new games for the console are just about done and dusted.

There are a few games now I want that I will only be able to play on next gen so looks like it is finally time for me to upgrade. I think I will wait until the release of the 1Tb xbox1 console and get that since it seems all the games get loaded onto the hdd these days.

(interestingly enough shadow of mordor installed itself onto my 360 hdd, it did not give me an option not to install it.)

Question Info

Last updated September 25, 2018 Views 44 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

yeah they are trying to move everybody over to next gen as everything is more fresh and probably because all the problems that people have on 360 have been fixed on the one meaning if they push everyone to the one they won't have a big focus on the 360 anymore

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

oh and by the way xbox tweeted something out the other day saying be prepared to be able to play your 360 games on the one or something i dont know but i think this has something to do with the merge between windows 10 360 and xbox one

Sorry this didn't help.

With the announcement of backwards compatibility you can pretty much say goodbye to the 360. All this time we were wondering how we would be able to keep our digital 360 purchases and how Xbox would get around needing the updates to make some games playable etc. and it appears the answer was quite obvious and simple, merge the services into one.

Hopefully the 360 library that comes across has a lot of the titles, currently there isn't too many.

@Jeff - The 1tb would definitely be the way to go, but you'll probably end up finding that it's no where near enough which is where the external hard drives come in handy and I couldn't recommend using one enough I have my whole library ready to go!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah I did not know about the "360-1" backwards compatibility at the time I wrote that. The 360 is certainly obsolete now lol.

I have been looking at a 3TB external, the thing that worries me about this though is it is pushing more and more towards the ways of PC gaming where you have to go out and buy parts and upgrade etc.. I gave up pc gaming for that very reason, having to update my graphics card all the time so I went to console where I could just buy the console and games and play.

I have heard the games are massive downloads, not too much of a drama for me as I have unlimited internet anyway but I am sure it is an issue for some people.

Sorry this didn't help.

I do admit that I wasn't very happy about having to get an external and it took me a long time to do it, but the inconvenience of reinstalling the games is what really broke me. A lot of the game updates have been big as well so it's good to just have piece of mind, though I know exactly where you're coming from.

Sorry this didn't help.

No better time to get a Xbox One than now I would say. That library of supported 360 titles looks like it is just going to get bigger and bigger.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah I ended up buying one. Is there any do's or dont's about setting it up that I should know about? I'd rather find out now than after the fact.

Sorry this didn't help.

With the backwards compatibility thing announced, there will be little reason to keep a 360 in your main entertainment setup anymore!

I still have a fat boy in mine (the MW2 LE) and he's pretty noisy.. so once the catalog is decent I'll be happy to put him away into storage.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm keen to get my 360 E console out of my setup, could use the space! I'm not going to do it until I'm sure I can play all the games I have yet to though, granted they're not the best titles so I won't be too upset if they don't end up coming across.

@Jeff - Congrats mate, hope you enjoy it! There's no real do's or don'ts with the console itself, there might be for the Kinect, but I don't use it personally. The main thing to keep in mind is a power cycle will generally clear up any weird issues so always do that first if you experience any issues.

Other then that, my console has been in the same place since 2013 and hasn't had any issues so far.

Sorry this didn't help.

the xbox1  is too expensive yet to buy   but i will keep mine   i have heaps of games

Sorry this didn't help.