The DRM Box, "customers should Deal with it" says Microsoft studios Creative director - Always online not such a rumour now

So I'll get this in now before it explodes but in case you haven't heard today Microsoft studios creative director Adam Orth took to twitter nad posted the following.

[quote]

Sorry, I don't get the drama around having an 'always on' console,

Every device now is 'always on'. That's the world we live in. #dealwithit.

[/quote]

Oh but the fun hasn't ended yet as the attitude towards potential customer problems won't do much to make you feel better about being told to deal with Microsoft telling you your console might not work if your have a minor internet problem or even if they have an issue.

He carried on to make some fun analogies

[quote]

Sometimes the electricity goes out. I will not purchase a vacuum cleaner. The mobile reception in the area I live in is spotty and unreliable. I will not buy a mobile phone.

[/quote]

Oh yes he actually said those things. You know because people have the power going off once a week potentially and the substations are always exploding...............

[/sarc]

Luckily someone in the industry and not simply a journalist turned round to fight for the consumer. Believe it or not Bioware's Manveer Heir took the creative director to task. Mentioning areas of the US with known internet issues due to location, the response from Orth pretty much "well your fault for living there then"

What does this mean ?

Well Microsoft pretty much just confirmed always online for their next console along with snobbing off a load of its consumers for not living in the right areas.
Also a Developer has hinted that this Always online rumour may be true.

Yes this is Rant like, yes this is most likely more reason for me to not want the next xbox and yes I'm saying this now so when down the line "disloyal consumers " are blamed for lost sales you know what I can say I had my angry rant and said how I would not buy if it happened like many many others and for not taking action Microsoft will have to Deal with It because they decided to ignore consumers.

Yes there is already a thread about the possible always online nature but this level of breaking news would simply be buried and as this is a close to from the horses mouth as we're going to get till the announcement I felt it worth another thread especially to avoid filling the previous one with angry ranting.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

His personal point of view and opinion is in no way a confirmation

[quote user="Viral Cyrix"]

[/quote]indeed.

=

if it goes this way i am out

-

same if the ps4's drm is no better than the ps3's i will also be out

enought on ps3,360 and wiiu to keep me happy.

[quote user="hobblejp"]

So I'll get this in now before it explodes...

[/quote]

Why not get a copy of "Defiance" instead?

It's a pretty fun game.

Stop living in a different gen and come join us in this one!

Az

Why start a new thread about this, it's being discussed in t'other thread.

[quote user="Private Maximo"]

[quote user="Viral Cyrix"]

[/quote]indeed.

=

if it goes this way i am out

-

same if the ps4's drm is no better than the ps3's i will also be out

enought on ps3,360 and wiiu to keep me happy.

[/quote] Cool you got a wiiu?

Is it any good?

Longest thread title ever?

-

Anyone up for the challenge.

Like the man says just deal with it, on them few occasions the internet goes down read a book, take a walk, make a cuppa..

destiny by bungie will have to be online all the time to play it where's your rage on that..

There is a difference between a game requiring online and a peice of hardware requiring always online.  

Indeed Genchy, someone who can read what their told and not fly off on another tangent altogether is rare in these parts

THIS CONSOLE WILL NOT BE REDUNDANT IF THEIR IS NO INTERNET ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS IS SIMPLY A FANNY