the dosing problem on call of duty or any game for that matter

are you people planning on fixing the dosing problem if you don't know which i'm sure you don't that when people get the program [Removed] specificly desighned for your network MICROSOFT and there able to hack in find your ip address and boot you offline and god knows what else they can find out ive already had 2 routers completly fried because not only do i pay alot of money for your service which is supposed to give us safe online experiences i have to pay for my personall property thats being destroyed due to the lack of security on your part and i will happily file a lawsuite against both you and the people responsible for that program and i will go to every major social network and let everyone know your network is comprimised and it is not safe for there children to be on i will take this to the media if i have to they will love that story trust me you need to get your *** in gear and fix this *** NOW please do not make me procede with legall action...... THANK YOU  [Personal info removed] - Do not post personal info in the fourms. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

This can happen on any service, including PSN, Nintendo's network and any PC game. It is also highly unlikely that they literally broke your router by DDoSing you. All it is is flooding your router with requests until it clogs up.

Your best bet is to install a firewall that will notice suspicious traffic such as this or to buy a router that has measures to stop an attack. This is not something microsoft can control. I've had it done to me on countless other services.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

To add to KneelBeforeSaad, you do not need some specific script-kiddie program to find someone's IP address.  That information is not restricted by any means and is freely available to anyone who looks at incoming router traffic logs.

Sorry this didn't help.

Indeed. In fact, if you were to look at your router's inbound traffic after playing online, you'd see a bunch of different IP addresses from people you played this. This is not exclusive to Xbox Live. Any online game you play on any service will do this.

Sorry this didn't help.