The customer support and advocacy team

I don't even know where to begin! I had a day one edition xbox one on preorder for 6 months. The day it came, I opened it to discover a broken day one edition controller (d-pad busted). I called customer support and waited 2 hours for someone to answer (went grocery shopping and best buy while on hold). As soon as the call was being transferred they hung up. So I had the phone up to my ear for 2 hours for nothing. I called back, waited 1 1/2 hours and got on the line with someone. They told me I needed to speak to someone else about the claim after I go online and create a service request. I did that and stopped at the part where it asked me to mail my controller. I don't understand; so I pay $600 for a system and when it arrives to my broken, I have to pay to be without it for a month or longer?? I called xbox back the next day and asked them if they could ship me a new day one controller and I could just simply put the broken one in the box with a return label and it can be that easy. I could still play games with a broken d-pad in the meantime. But no, they wouldn't do it. I had to pay $6 to send it in and just watch the status on the service request and hope for the best. 2 weeks later, I get no service update, so I call xbox to see what's going on because I could see that the package was delivered and in their possession two weeks ago. The guy told me they don't know where the controller is and have no updates and try calling back in a few days. Patiently, I did that and called back 5 days later. This time they said my service request was cancelled and they have no idea why. The guy on the phone said he doesn't have the power to send me a replacement controller and said he'd give me Forza 5 as compensation but doesn't have the power to do that either, lol. He escalated the case to the advocacy team and they should be contacting me shortly. I waited the rest of the day starting at 11:00 am and checked my email and had my phone on standby. No call or email, so I called back today to see what is going on with all of this and why can't I get some reinsurance that my case is being handled? This guy told me I cannot speak with the team until they call me, which can take up to 2 weeks. Unbelievable, if they could've just sent me the controller in the first place, none of this would have happened. For now, I had to fork over $64 for another controller even though I don't have a need for an extra controller for the moment.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 41 Applies to:

Same situation for me. I returned the controller and STILL haven't received a replacement. This blows! Microsoft should be ashamed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Why didn't you just take the controller with your receipt to the store you bought it at and explain the situation to them? I'm sure if they had just the controller to sell they could have done an exchange on it for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.