The Customer Advocacy & Exceptions Management Team black hole

Here's my deal: Back in March, the network adapter on my Xbox 360 burned out and resulted in a red ring of death. Since my Xbox was out of warranty, I sent it in for an out-of-warranty hardware service. It was returned several weeks later and everything seemed fine... until the replacemtn network adapter began malfunctioning two months after that. It became unable to obtain IP addresses, and once I went through the troubleshooting procedures with an Xbox tech support assistant over online chat, the Xbox became unable to detect a network device at all. The replacement was clearly a lemon.

Thus began my amazing experience with trying to get an answer from Microsoft as to why I received bogus replacement hardware after paying for an out-of-warranty service. So far:

- The first tech support person I spoke to never even created a ticket after saying my issue would be escalated

- The second one did create a ticket, and forwarded it to the Customer Advocacy & Exceptions Management Team

- The Customer Advocacy & Exceptions Management Team attempted to contact me once about a week later, called and left a message with no phone number, and emailed me asking for a good time to call back. This was over a month ago, and none of my responses have been replied to.

- Third, fourth and fifth communications with technical support have told me that since the ticket is now in the hands of the Customer Advocacy & Exceptions Management Team, they can't do anything aside from send that team a request to contact me. All of these have been ignored as well as my own requests for contact.

At this point I've pretty much given up on actually getting this issue fixed or getting any kind of resolution, so thanks, Microsoft! Thanks for treating your customers so well.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hey there Zero!

Let me start out by saying that I'm sincerely sorry to hear about the communication issues. I can certainly understand that this could be a frustrating experience.

If you could, can you post back a response to this thread so I can send you a private message about this?

Thanks in advance for the post and thanks for being so patient so far. =)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Okey doke

Sorry this didn't help.

Awesome, thanks zerocred! Check your PMs. =)

Sorry this didn't help.

please help me with this!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, MastaP513! I'm very sorry to see any issues you may be running into, however this thread is over a year old. If you need further assistance, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Sorry this didn't help.