The best router for 2 xbox's

I'm looking into getting a new router because its impossible for me and my  brother to both get Open Nat's when playing. . And that can be a problem when we both want to play online multiplayer's. The highest im willing to spend it around $150. Any suggestions? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Alix box running DD-WRT?

Are you playing wirelessly?

i say a belkin router is a good bet.  my neighbor has it and they get crazy wifi reception

I've always had great success with Linksys/Cisco using multiple Xboxes.

-Jim

@KLRSKIR Mind telling me what router you use now?

The most reliable connection is using wired.

You can consider using powerline networking.

-

You can visit this url to find out more about it

[quote user="Lord BaneJ"]The most reliable connection is using wired.

You can consider using powerline networking.[/quote]Eh...

I've used several generations of powerline networking. They're not great. You won't know what throughput you'll have until you plug them in. You may not end up with reliable service. You won't get anywhere new the throughput that the devices "measure". Reliability could be an issue for the 360. Throughput will be for downloading DLC or streaming video. Worst of all, you can't "fix" it. If your house wiring sucks for powerline networking, that's the end of that. With wireless, you can at least move things around.

Just something to keep in mind.

[quote user="theqb565"]

[/quote]Currently a Linksys E3000 with firmware v. 1.0.04. Looking to upgrade to the EA4500 once I can scrounge up some extra pennies. 11.01.0.04  

-Jim

i have 2 xboxs, 2  laptops and 2 kindle fires and  3 android phones all connected to a   Netgear  WNDR4500 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router so far no problems works smooth

[quote user="KLRSKIR"]

[quote user="theqb565"]

[/quote]Currently a Linksys E3000 with firmware v. 1.0.04. Looking to upgrade to the EA4500 once I can scrounge up some extra pennies. 11.01.0.04  

[/quote]

hmm so both NAT's are open when both systems are in use during online? I think I need a new router then cause mine seems to have problems.