The Awkward Secruity that I didnt ask for and didnt & never want or need EVER!!!

This has been a pain in my *** for a while now and it has put me off Xbox all together, here's the story.

three brother's in a house two of them share a room with one Xbox 360 with two different Gold Xbox accounts, then the 3rd brother gets a Xbox 360 as well, he says" if you feel like playing GTA V on my Xbox 360 feel free" this way the other 2 brothers could play online together, when we transfer one of our accounts is asks for an email and then a password that belongs to its respected account ( like it did a while back just a simple email and password ) but then it asks for either another email or a phone number so they can text us or call us or email some code, at first I was a little bit annoyed but I inserted another email and got the code hoped that's all it wanted, the second time I transferred my account with its email and password the same security message came up asking for either a email or a phone number to text me call me or email me a another code, I thought fine ill do it again with the email ( same as last time ) only this time it comes up with a message saying you have already used this email address and it wouldn't let me use this again, then I thought dose it want me to make multiple email addresses for every time I do this?, it really felt like a joke but no the where quite serious, so I decided to enter my phone number and have them text me a code ( this was the last time I could transfer my account up to date ).

So I transfer my account for the third time and this was where I had ( WAS FORCED ) to stop because it wouldn't let me use previous phone number's or email addresses, I mean do they seriously think I own 100 mobile phones and 100000 email addresses and if not do they expect me to do this? I have transfer my account some time before 2013 and all the Xbox 360 wanted was a simple email and password and this new security thing that I never asked for and I do not want (and I would gladly thump the creator of this security system)  is really not worth it, I am more then capable of protecting my email and password I have never given it away to one sole on this earth and I never will.

If their is any way to get this security system off of my Xbox live account or to get it to accept previous emails or phone numbers you'd be my hero, this has also has prevented me from getting the Xbox One for this has caused me to lack the trust for Microsoft.

Thanks for reading and yes I am aware my grammar is rubbish :D

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Go to https://account.live.com/p and add the extra email address and/or phone number there, under one of the options as recovery details. Next time you do the transfer it should give you one of these as a preselected option.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.