The Amazing Spider-Man 2 gameplay trailer swings into town

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

This looks like fun. Hopefully the make it a bit better than the last one. It wasn't bad but it could have been so much more.

I've never been much for the Spider-Man games (any of them), but I thought the inclusion of Kraven the Hunter was a nice touch.

[quote user="DuFFuL"]

This looks like fun. Hopefully the make it a bit better than the last one. It wasn't bad but it could have been so much more.

[/quote]

I totally agree.

I had fun with the last game but always imagined what could have been with it.

I loved how TAS worked with some Batman AA features. I hope this game be better.

Ugh.

What is it with Hollywood?

Why can't they just leave the costumes alone?

I suspect this is a film tie in because of Kraven's stupid costume that isn't what he wore in the comics.

I really enjoyed the last "Spider-Man" game... but the last "Spider-Man" movie was entirely forgettable.

You forget that Rhino in the last game looked nothing like Rhino from the upcoming movie. The changes in characters' appearances probably comes down to Beenox's artists going for a "realistic" look. Nothing to do with the film (or Hollywood) - they just take that as a guide.

Thanks for the continual up to date news @lofty :)

Js watched the link..never played the 1st one,bita next gen spidey,gonna have to give it a go,even more games on route :)...with marvel being extremely popular in my house at present after the succes of lego,this is good news,I do wish that all these new games that are coming out and im sure its just a case of patience I just wanna see "..............,only on XBOX ONE and its counterpart',come on devs lets move away from last gen,they wont loose money...'build it and they will come'.

[quote user="SUNR1DER"]

You forget that Rhino in the last game looked nothing like Rhino from the upcoming movie. [/quote]

That's because at the time of the previous game and move... the upcoming game and movie didn't exist.

[quote user="SUNR1DER"]The changes in characters' appearances probably comes down to Beenox's artists going for a "realistic" look. Nothing to do with the film (or Hollywood) - they just take that as a guide.[/quote]

The reason the last "Spider-Man" game had that silly movie suit is because of the movie.  The reason Superman wears that daft dark blue suit in "Man of Steel" is because of the movie.

Hollywood are always 2nd guessing decades of comic tradition and replacing it with what they feel work's better.

They didn't want Daredevil to have horns... in fact they didn't even want him to have a Red costume.  Much of the footage was shot in the Black suit and the colours had to be added digitally.

Look at Hawkey in "Avengers".

Galactus in "The Fantastic Four".

They're always messing with tradition trying to tell us they know better. 

I wish I could like Spider-Man games. I only ever want to swing around because the combat bores me so I never buy one.