THATS COOL XBOX NICE STEALTH UPDATE.

That thing really screwed my disk drive up and wont play any of my games. thanks a lot now i have to go buy a new drive. hoodrats.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Your drive is not working right after the recent update? in October?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

its not the drive, it has changed something in the system which was designed to flag bootleg copies, unfortunately a lot of legit users are getting the same error.

so this could mean your are looking at a console ban, what you dont want to do is swap the drives as thats a breach of microsofts t's and c's and will definately result in a console ban for system tampering.

just wait as i am sure microsoft will sort it out and possibly remove this update for more testing before implementing it working correctly... I know how you feel as mine has done the same yet after talking to microsoft i was told my console needed a repair (fair enough) at a cost of £90 ... erm... no it doesnt!!! so i shall wait patiently for a fix... annoyed, hell yes, paying for live and a £40 game that i cant play is pretty bad...

did read somewhere that microsoft is going to replace no complient systems with a brand new slim, if thats correct then it will all be good.... be patient my friend!

Sorry this didn't help.

how can i get banned? i play legit games. and i already opended MY xbox and painted the case. so i know how to open it and replace MY drive. im not doing anything illegal. so i dont know where you get i would be banned from

Sorry this didn't help.

opening the console and replacing parts is not authorized and can lead to a console ban

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/7/t/4558.aspx

read that offical article

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="xHIPSTERMINATOR"]i already opended MY xbox and painted the case. so i know how to open it[/quote]Opening the case voids the warranty. To paint it, you just have to void the warranty.[quote]and replace MY drive.[/quote]Doing anything other than opening the case is considered system tampering and makes the console eligible for a ban.[quote]im not doing anything illegal.[/quote]True, you're just violating Microsoft's Terms of Use for Live. It's not a criminal act, but if Microsoft detects you've fiddled with the console they're well within the ToU to ban the console from the service, ban your gamertag, or both.[quote]so i dont know where you get i would be banned from[/quote]The Terms of Use?

Sorry this didn't help.

okay well, sorry im not going to pay the 90 bucks or so for microsoft to fix my xbox, i bought it so i will replace what i want to. not modding it. fixing. theres a difference.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="xHIPSTERMINATOR"]

okay well, sorry im not going to pay the 90 bucks or so for microsoft to fix my xbox, i bought it so i will replace what i want to. not modding it. fixing. theres a difference.

[/quote]That's your chose, but expect to be permanently locked out of Xbox Live on that console.

And by the definition of the word "modifying", which is to make changes or alterations to.  "Fixing" is "Modding".

Sorry this didn't help.

no actually modifying means that i modify my xbox to do something it sohuldnt. REPAIRING OR FIXING MEANS I FIX THE POS I BUY FROM MICROSOFT, so why dont you chill because you cant prove that i mod, because i dont, 2 get your facts straight bud.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="xHIPSTERMINATOR"]REPAIRING OR FIXING MEANS I FIX THE POS I BUY FROM MICROSOFT,[/quote]You will be making an unauthorized repair. This is prohibited as per the Terms of Use (Section 14).

The only authorized repair center/service for the 360 is Microsoft's own repair centers. There are no authorized third party repair centers. You are certaintly not authorized to make repairs...

Sorry this didn't help.

really?????????????????????????????????????????? OMGOMGOMG cool. cant prove that i ever am/did ever opend my xbox or replaced anything. so yea. im good, brah.

Sorry this didn't help.