Thanks Investigation Team!

Just posting this to thank the investigation team for all their "hard work" I know that three and a half months is such a short time to resole a UA incident that results in fraudulent charges, account being migrated, and gamertag stolen. You guys must have put in countless hours to generate a 1 month gold membership for me, as well as 3 month membership after I posted here and complained about the lack of information from customer support/Investigation team.

I know I had to contact the BBB to actually get ANY answers, considering customer support was giving me inconsistent/false information...

I guess the BBB has a little bit of pull, because I was contacted and told: 

-There are export laws involved in retrieving my account so it's going to take longer than the standard 25 day investigation.

-I need to  please be patient during this process

-That I should have had my bank involved the whole time, even though customer service advised otherwise. 

So contacting the BBB answered my questions and actually got me my refund!

Unfortunately, I came to realization that I am not a valued Xbox Live customer to Microsoft, so I will be taking my business elsewhere from this point forward. It really is a shame how much time and money I have invested into this company to receive such sub par results.

But keep up the good work investigation team! I'm sure that one day you guys will be able to get my gamertag back!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Had you kept your personal information secure and private you wouldn't be in this situation. Bye, bye.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This isn't just a phishing issue.  I never give out any of my info anywhere, never click links in e-mails etc.

I'm sure some of that has happened.  But there's been some hacking somewhere, be it MS or EA (I have an EA account for the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games) that led to log in info being compromised.

It sucks as I'm very careful online, use strong passwords (and not the same one everywhere) and so on and still got hacked on Oct 25th and have no ETA on when I'll get my account back.  All I've gotten is one e-mail last week saying there was a delay and giving me another free month code for a temp account.,

Which is pretty useless as you can't transfer game saves or gamerscore to your main account later.

I bought a Wii in a deal and am gaming on that in the meantime.  Pretty unhappy about this and how long it's taking MS to deal with it (especially if I get the 2-3+ month wait that others can.  Between this and the RROD problems I don't know that I'll be buying MS's next console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Temhotbot it's people like you that just **** people off.

I have kept my info secure and private. Guess what I'm going through the same thing still.

I too have an EA account for both Mass Effect and Dragon Age games. In fact I had just finished completing all the achievements for Mass Effect and then 4 days later was getting on to start Mass Effect 2 in the morning and that's when I saw my account was taken the previous night. I've been waiting over 4 months for this.

Sorry this didn't help.

@BillowyPanther4

I agree with you. Alot of compromised accounts have one thing in common - EA. And if there has been a security breach, it isn't hte fault of the individual but the company whose system was bypassed. I have nothing but sympathy for the ones who are victims of that. I mean if you give out your pw for mods, you deserve what you get. But otherwise, if it's a security breach on EA's part, no.

Sorry this didn't help.