Thank you and Hope for others

Since there is no way to contact the team that does Unauthorized Account Access, I thought I could post here and hopefully someone at Microsoft could pass it along.  Thank you for handling my case.  For all the complaints on here you deserve a moment to hear the positive.  It took exactly 21 days (only 16 business days) to get my account back.  I'll now wait for the refund of the money charged to my CC.  This is also hope for others who have had to wait 40-60-90 days for their account, and for those just starting their UAA claim who sees all these others and fears for theirs.  Thank you all again!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Alright , look you two , Xbox.com Forums are NO PLACE to fight / argue , take that elsewhere .

@StarlinX , I'm glad to FINALLY hear someone made some progress with their account .

Now , let's hope everyone else undergoing a UAI case , is just as fortunate (:

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

its good to see someone get there account resolved I am At day 18 so maybe mine will be ready soon.

Sorry this didn't help.

21 days is still a ridiculous and unnecessary time to be out the service I PAID FOR IN ADVANCE.  I'm glad you got your service back, but if these are really isolated incidents there is no way it should take 21 (or even 2) days to verify a customer's claim.  

Sorry this didn't help.

1 month in and still waiting..........

Sorry this didn't help.

you are complaing about a problem that affects 100s of people with a small team of investigators

you filed a police report before? in city of hundreds of  thousands  or even millions

you do relieze that things take time correct

and that there is over 30million xbox live users who mostly use common sense and practice good account security practice?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good man. Glad to hear you got it back. Your account is as strong as your E-mail security. Keep changing your Password every 72 days and security questions and keep an ear out for people tring to get you to let some information slip. Microsoft security is really good cause they don't deal with your passwords or even know or want to know what your passwords are.

Sorry this didn't help.

Filed one?  No, but I have received a report as a police officer.  If I had all the information available to me that MS has for this particular crime, we would have had one safe community.  How long do you think it takes to do the following:

1.  Look at the customer's account for the console IDs that he has used.

2.  Determine whether or not the console ID being used to make the suspect purchases was one the customer had ever used before.

3.  Look at the purchases to see if they match the known and well documented profile of the FIFA hack.

That's all it takes to determine whether or not the customer was hacked.  At that point, knowing that the tech support people had already gotten the customer to re-set his security, the account could be turned back on and a provisional credit applied.  Then the team could take its time and investigate further if it thought there was something fishy about the claim.  Better yet, since tech support has access to all the information necessary to do the 3 steps I outlined above, they could do it in the initial phone call saving the investigations team from having to do it.  I know for a fact that the tech support folks have the above-referenced information because the lady I spoke to told me what was purchased, how it was purchased, and that the console ID used to make the purchase was not an ID I had ever used before.

There is absolutely no way you can justify cutting off a customer's pre-paid service once security is restored for months at a time as is being reported here, or even the 25 days they promise.

Finally, are you trying to intimate that I did not use common sense or good account security?  NO ONE knew that password but me.  Not my wife, not my kids, NO ONE.  It was eleven characters with mixed letters and numbers.  If that somehow is not using common sense or good procedures, feel free to tell me where I went wrong.

Sorry this didn't help.