Terms and Conditions.

What Country/State/Province do you live in: Mexico, Mexico City

Is there a specific error message that shows up: No

How many accounts does the issue affect: One

Things you've tried: This is kinda long, but it's the truth. 

Well, I'm a member of Xbox Live since 2008, when I was 17, and for obvious reasons, I needed parental control. Ok, I understand, but, after that, 5 years ago, that I have 22, I don't know why I'm still registred as a child... I mean, it's kinda obvious, if my profile is registered in the system from 5 years ago, and at that time I was 17, it's more than obvious that I'm not underage anymore.

The real issue is not about the parental control stuff, the issue relies on, my older brother's mail was hacked, and this mail was the one that it was used to be under my parental control, so, right now, my brother and I are unavailable to find a solution, I think, that, you guys can help us on change that, I understand that it's part of the legal stuff, but at the same moment, what is going to happen now, I mean, I paid my Xbox Live Gold suscription, and I think that, at least, I deserve the service that every costumer wants, I don't want just to waste my money until God knows when I'm going to be able to sign in again, I will gladly accept your terms and conditions, since I'm not a kid anymore, but, asking for parental control a guy that it's over 20 years?, well, that is not very logic, isn´t?.

It's not that I wanted to bash all the terms and conditions stuff, but, really, I think I'm not the only one that experiments this issue, some other guys probably don't have the password of theyre parents or older brothers and find this situation very annoying, and, for myself, I'm not a child anymore (as you can watch in my profile, that I put my date of birth of April 1991), so, I don't understand why we still have the parental control, even that we are no childs anymore.

I'm truly sorry for the long post, but it's not only happening to me, it's happening to millions of persons, and we don't find a proper solution, and it's a frustration moment, we want to play, we don't ask for anything else, but I don't find any logic on stopping us from playing your own merchandise by "parental control" stuff, if we are registred in your system as adults, and not underage childs. It's just that, you can easily review my profile, my Windows Live account, everything fit, I have 22 years, I've never changed my age, I'm now free of all that parental control stuff to came here, to Xbox and see that you guys still having my profile saved as a child profile.

Guys, really, help us, we are getting annoyed, we don't want to follow all those long 24-hours steps to get our accounts back, we just want to play, is that too much?, I don't think so, we are paying our money to get your games, your service, and I think that we deserve at least proper service, instead of being suspects of being childs when almost all of us are over 18 or 20 years, to be annoyed by parental control situations.

Once again, I am sorry for this long post, but I've have tried everything and I don't find a proper solution, not even close, I am just getting more and more frustrated when I read the same all the same. 

Thank you for reading, and I hope that you find a quick solution to all this mess.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Xbox is working on it. All I can say is recover and reset the password for your parent account. Only try accepting the TaC and TOU on the Console, not on Xbox.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.