Tenure Reset on Xbox Ome

I recently got the xbox one and my tenure was reset. And so I reached out to the chat support and they would try and talk me off. And I know talk offs I work in a call center... But that is besides the point I had just got tired of talking to the same representative giving some other lame talk off so I just agreed to stop responding. The last statement she wrote was if your account goes silver it resets your total tenure... Which I know for a fact isn't true because of the forum posted here (http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/t/441105.aspx) it just doesn't accumulate time, which I understand and don't mind. I just don't want to lose my tenure since 2006 and that is what the rep had told me, so I thanked them for their time and decided to post to hopefully find a solution for my problem. Any help is much appreciated...

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

[quote user="DoMeSkiiEz"]I recently got the xbox one and my tenure was reset. And so I reached out to the chat support and they would try and talk me off. And I know talk offs I work in a call center... But that is besides the point I had just got tired of talking to the same representative giving some other lame talk off so I just agreed to stop responding. The last statement she wrote was if your accountgoes silver it resets your total tenure... Which I know for a fact isn't true because of the forum posted here (http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/t/441105.aspx) it just doesn't accumulate time, which I understand and don't mind. I just don't want to lose my tenure since 2006 and that is what the rep had told me, so I thanked them for their time and decided to post to hopefully find a solution for my problem. Any help is much appreciated...

[/quote]

If you read through the link you provided you should have seen this quote

[quote user="Miss Kleo"]

Tenure is based on the cumulative amount of Xbox LIVE Gold time a user has. While you do not lose tenure when you go Silver, Xbox LIVE Silver time does not accrue tenure. You will see your tenure increase only when the year of Xbox LIVE Gold time has finished.

[/quote]

Which means if at any point in time your account goes silver, you do not accumulate tenure. As an example I will use myself. I joined Xbox Live in November of 2009. Was Gold up until November 2011 and went silver until February 2012. So those 4 months of being silver did not accumulate on my profile. So it takes an extra 4 months for my tenure to change now. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just worth adding, they seem to use an obscure font for displaying the tenure just in case this is the issue. If it looks like an "i" then it is actually an 8 and not a 1.

IRB

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.