Tenure Number next to my name on XBox Profile disappeared after Gold lapsed and was renewed.

My Live Gold ran out yesterday, renewed within an hour or two, now the number next to my name in my profile is gone.  I was at like 8.

I know it doesn't mean much, but it was a bragging right...I was only without gold for like an hour, and only because I used the stupid 14 day "Trial" from Halo 4 that ended up being a crock.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

Hi there,

as far as I know the tenure is a sum of all time you have had gold. so it should show again as soon as you have got gold again. But it can take some time, to show up again. If it doesn't show up again in a few days. The best thing to do is come back here and try and contact one of the 'Official Support Agents' via the forums

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There used to be a rule that allowed you to lapse up to 14 days and your tenure wasn't effected but it would appear that rule is no longer in effect.  There's a FAQ that MajorNelson posted here about Xbox Live Gold Tenure.  

The FAQ was posted back in 2009 but here's the one question that is relevant to your problem:

Xbox Live Tenure FAQ::

Q. The article online says that if I had a 14 day break in my Gold account status, my tenure would reset! Is that true? 

A. There is no “14 day gap in service” rule anymore. This was the original way tenure was calculated but we changed it. The KB article will be updated soon.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well that blows.  This Halo 4 trial sure screwed me over.

I wish they would update stuff...I will be calling to complain and will find someone that can update my tenure today.  This is infuriating.

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually, now that I read it:

Q. My account was in Silver status for awhile, how does that affect my tenure?

A. All the time you spend in Gold is cumulative and any time you spend in silver doesn’t count. For example if you created a gamertag on August 4th of 2007 but didn’t upgrade it to gold until February 14th of 2008; today the Gold Tenure would be 1 year because the account spent 6 months of it’s first year in Silver status.

Q. The article online says that if I had a 14 day break in my Gold account status, my tenure would reset! Is that true?

A. There is no “14 day gap in service” rule anymore. This was the original way tenure was calculated but we changed it. The KB article will be updated soon.

And then:

Q. The date in on the account details page on xbox.com says I’ve only been a Gold member for a couple months. When is that going to be updated?

A. The “Member Since” date that you see in the Account Management section on xbox.com and on your console is not the same as your tenure. That is the last time your profile was upgraded to gold (like the last time it auto-renewed or you applied a subscription code).

This would lead me to believe that the original rule was you could only have silver for 14 days, but now they've done away with that, and hence it should continue to be cumulative after the 14 days are up.

Even so, I had a break for like 2 hours.  It seems a bit ridiculous.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, from an article:

With the latest Xbox LIVE update Microsoft has also changed the way that Tenure was calculated for Gold members. In this regard, the company has scrapped the "14 day gap in service" rule that cause tenures to reset. At the same time, the software giant informed that modifying the gamertag would have no impact on Tenure.

I wonder if the 14 day trial is still superseding the new Gold in terms of Tenure, i.e. it's not counting that I have gold again until the 14 days are up.  Might try to get them to just scrap that today, it's useless.

Sorry this didn't help.