Tenure not working after renewal of membership

I had an account tenure of 7 before my membership expired and my account went Silver. I just renewed my Gold with a 12 month a few days ago and the tenure has not updated.

My tenure is blank on my profile, I believe it should be 8, maybe 7 still I am unsure.

I tried the recommended fix of deleted my profile, then I turned off my Xbox, woke up 8 hours later and downloaded my profile. The fix did not work.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Upon renewal, the tenure will not update until the next year has been hit for the new tenure. Also, when you renew from Silver, it takes a little while to show the tenure again. When I renewed, mine was missing for about a day and then the 7 appeared.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes but mine has been gone for a few weeks now when it should be a three what's wrong?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there a way someone could change it to 3?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello there Disco Biscuit and Just The Usual and for everyone who is experiencing this problem.

The tenure counter on Xbox Live appears to have some issues affecting random users, it's something that's being looked into by Xbox Support (see here: forums.xbox.com/.../441105.aspx). Follow that link, there's a handful of troubleshooting steps you can try to see if it'll revert to your correct tenure. 

Remember Tenure increases every time a full 12 months of Xbox Live Gold time have elapsed on the account. Also, being Silver will not cancel the Gold time acquired, but tenure will not increase until Gold time has been added again.

if you haven't yet, please try the following steps:

• Delete your PROFILE ONLY from your console
  • Power down your Xbox 360 console
  • Give your console a little breather! Wait 30 or so minutes and power your console back on.
  • Re-download your profile

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried those steps and it did not help, nothing in the thread has helped either.

It has been a few weeks now and it still hasn't been fixed.

Sorry this didn't help.

I`m sorry to hear this Disco Biscuit, Your going to have to Chat with Microsoft support if you`ve done all of the solutions on that page. All we can do is Give you information and "Solutions" but this is out of our hands and this is going to have to be taken up with Chat with Microsoft support.

Just explain the situation to them like you have in this Topic Post forum, You can Chat with Microsoft support by clicking here 

Step 1: What type of issue are you having? Select My account Look under Microsoft account and you can see a selection of options Your going to select Other. Go straight to Step 3: Choose a contact method Select Chat with Microsoft support.

This is the best your going to get at this point Disco Biscuit, It`s in there hands now. Good luck. 

Sorry this didn't help.