Tenure issues

Greetings all, 

I have just a quick inquiry I'm hoping to get resolved.

My Xbox Live tenure status, which used to be 5, was recently reset for some reason. My gold subscription ran out last month and it took a week for me to renew. I've read threads on here where the tenure status disappears when you're silver and then reappears once you renew. Sounds great, except it hasn't happened yet. And it's been nearly two weeks. I've tried deleting my profile and downloading it again, several times. No dice. 

I'm posting here because the "chat with Microsoft support" feature on xbox.com has been absolutely no help. I've heard that my tenure status is being recalculated and will return within 2-3 days. I've been told that, last year my account was silver from May to December (just for the record: my account was gold during that time) and once a gold account lapses for six months the tenure is reset. Most recently, I was told today that once an account lapses into silver, no matter the length of time, the tenure is reset and nothing can be done to restore it. Being told three different things, from three different support members is just a little confusing. I'm merely hoping for a little resolution on the matter and I thought asking here couldn't hurt. 

At the end of the day it's just a number. But if it doesn't return I'd at least like a straight answer as to why. 

Thanks in advance for the help, 

Contact

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Quick update.

After looking through my account management, it does indeed look as if my tenure has been reset to reflect 3/22/2012. I've been a gold member since January 2006, granted there were times when I went to silver, but never for an extended period of time, and certainly not long enough to have my tenure reset. Quite unfortunate.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Contact, I believe there are several people with tenure problems right now. If I were you, I would Just be patient to see if it comes back.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Pro,

I certainly don't have a problem waiting. Just trying to clear up the confusion from reciving multiple explanations. I'm sure it'll get fixed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, ContactThedude! Sorry to hear your tenure isn't displaying correctly - and very sorry to hear you've been given conflicting details about your situation. To clarify, tenure status is cumulative. While you won't earn tenure as a Silver member, if you become Gold again you'll be able to essentially pick up where you left off. It sounds like you're already working with support on this issue so I would sit tight as The First Pro advised until they get back to you.

In the meantime, have you tried re-downloading your profile onto your console by following these steps support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete ? If so, when was the last time you did this? You may want to try again to see if anything has changed. Hope this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mister Darcy,

Is there a typical time frame for support issues such as this? Just so I have a ballpark figure as to when it might be resolved. Also, I did re-downloaded my profile yesterday, but no change had been made. In either case, I appreciate the assistance,

Contact

Sorry this didn't help.

Did phone support provide an estimate for when they would get back to you? If you can provide me with your Service Request number via private message I would be happy to look into the situation. :)

Sorry this didn't help.