Tenure is still broken

I'm posting a new thread, as there has been no communication re: tenure not displaying correctly in the XBL profile since 01/30, and the problem has not been resolved for everyone, contrary to what the sticky on the subject suggests. Currently, I show six years of tenure on my profile--problem is, I checked my account and subscription history on the Microsoft site, and I have an unbroken history of XBL subscriptions that date back to November 2002. As a result, my tenure is incorrect by four years, and I would appreciate an update on the situation. The specified troubleshooting steps have been completed, but they do not resolve the problem. What is disconcerting about this, other than the avoidance since 01/30 on this issue by Microsoft support, is that Microsoft has issued tenure-based freebies in the past based on tenure e.g. Live is Five promotions...which I received, by the way), and I would hate to miss out on those due to an issue that myself and others have effectively communicated to Microsoft support in these forums. Here's hoping for an update so that this can be addressed and resolved.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

As I have stated before I doubt they will actually fix it. They seem to feel that it is fixed and seem to have moved on. They claim most with the issue lapsed to Silver and can see that we have when we did not. I have the proof just like you do. They will not even say where they see we went Silver. I already called phone support and complained about the forum support and specifically on Miss Kleo's lieing. This who issue has made me not want to buy the next console or any other Microsoft product again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Then I would, in order to help make your case, suggest you review exactly how long you have been signed up for Gold by adding up the length of each Gold subscription at http://commerce.microsoft.com . Document the start and end date of each subscription, total them, and each of y'all check back in a new thread in this forum with the result (e.g., "TENURE: HAVE X YEARS, SHOWS Y YEARS"). Each of you should have your own thread; don't all pile up in the same thread.

Evidence, hard undisputable data on membership tenure is clearly needed to get this problem unstuck. IMHO (says this volunteer).

Sorry this didn't help.

Vibroplex, my account history should already be accessible to Microsoft support, and I have a solid, uninterrupted, unbroken history of XBL subscriptions dating back to November 2002.  Problem is, we have support members stating initially that the issue was resolved, then they backtracked and say they're still looking into it, but the sticky on the tenure issue hasn't been updated since 1/30 to reflect this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox support team/Engineer team has no idea what happened an is leaving it alone. It's terrible service if you ask me. They waited 4 years when tenure was first introduced, to finally realize now that it was "Incorrect"? That's HORRIBLE, I mean HORRIBLE service. God forbid there is a glitch in the main system, how will they react to that.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ya I will never buy another Microsoft product after this.

Sorry this didn't help.

So I went ahead and followed Vibroplex's suggestion, and here are the dates for my XBL tenure; the first date is the purchase date, and the second is the expiration date.  In every line, the prior expiration date matches the exact date of the following purchase date--therefore, an unbroken string of XBL membership:

November 2002 – November 2003

November 2003 – November 2004

November 2004 – November 2005

November 2005 – April 2006 *(Picked up 360; changed from XBL to XBL Gold)

April 2006 – November 2006

November 2006 – November 2007

November 2007 – August 2008

August 2008 – November 2008

November 2008 – December 2008

December 2008 – January 2010

January 2010 – April 2011

April 2011 – January 2012

January 2012 – January 2013

Sorry this didn't help.

My tenure currently shows six years; since I've been an XBL member since 2002, it should be listing 10 years.

Sorry this didn't help.

Matthew M G, http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/133/p/50022/333328.aspx indicates the tenure is defined as the time when you have had Xbox LIVE Gold only. Since, if I understand correctly, you stated the Gold started in April 2006, I see why you only have six years of tenure now.

Can you find a different and official definition of tenure which states that Free/Silver time also counts?  That would help make your case.

Sorry this didn't help.

And, now, I am confused, for Miss Kleo stated " I know that some of you might be frustrated that you thought you'd accrued more tenure than you have but previously your Xbox LIVE Silver time was not being accurately seen by the system." on 1/30 at forums.xbox.com/.../441105.aspx - which implies, contrary to the Ambassador's 'Zen Like Calm' post on 2011-08-03, that it's not just Gold time but Gold+Free/Silver time as well. Therefore, I suggest we ask an Official for an authoritative citation of the definition of Tenure in the Xbox system.

Sorry this didn't help.

And, I have made that request by PM.

Sorry this didn't help.