Telltale's The Walking Dead sells over 8 million times.

The Walking Dead has sold 8.5 million episodes across its five episodes, according to TellTale Games.

CEO Dan Connors revealed the figures to the Wall Street Journal, revealing that these were based on the first seven months of series availability.

"November and December were our biggest months," he said. "It was the culmination of the product, the game of the year awards, the retail push and it still has a ton of head room in it.

"The episodic model has allowed us to create an economy that works on mobile. As far as size, at this point it's probably about 25 percent of the revenue of the product and it is on the largest upswing of all platforms as well."

Currently Telltale Games are working on the second series of the game and are trying to figure out how to bring game saves over from the first.

I personally can't wait for the second series and see how your first playthrough works it's way into this one :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I bought it when it was on offer for 200msp per episode. Bargain!!! Great game i thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish! 

-

The brenda gun part was glitchy as hell though. 

I enjoyed the game a great deal but the lack of support over the save issues people are having is a joke.

The Walking Dead has the habit of erasing the save game of people playing, I've had this happen to me several times, causing them to have to return to the start of episode 1. All the patch from Telltale has done is remove the old work-a-round for getting the saves back, it doesn't seem to have stopped the problem from happening.

Just personally I've had the game lose my progress, completely randomise every choice I made and now I have to put up with a "Storage Device Lost" error that dumps me back to the dashboard. The latter there is an odd one because I can play the game without that error appearing on another profile.

Of course the huge frame-rate problems affecting the disc based version of the game need to be addressed as well.

I can't help but feel that Telltale would be better off working on fixing the first game's save issues before trying to figure out how to import them into the second season.

[quote user="Alchemist Don"]The brenda gun part was glitchy as hell though. [/quote]I've had a problem at that section where Lee would not stop walking forward. I tried three different controllers, two wireless and a wired, to ensure it wasn't a problem at my end.

For £ 0.69 pence that's probably one of the best games ever released for the iPhone.

You'd be mad to have turned that one down.

Az

One of my best games of 2012, all 5 episodes where brilliant and told an emotional and strong story. Can't wait for a second series, ace!

[quote user="voteDC"]I can't help but feel that Telltale would be better off working on fixing the first game's save issues before trying to figure out how to import them into the second season.[/quote]Agree - The whole save issues really starting to do my nuts in. Ep 1-4 absolutely fine, go to start Ep. 5 and i'm straight back to Ep 1

I was loving this game up til this point and had nothing but praise but Telltale really have p*ssed on my chips with the finale : ( 

That happened to me twice during episode 3. All I had to do was return to the main menu, reload the save (Which now said Episode 1), move across to the episode it happened on and select it and it started from the beginning of Episode 3 with all my choices intact.