Teens are posing as "microsoft helpers" that aid younger playersto not get banned, instead sending them to **** NOT APPRECIATED

My son's account was targeted by a group of about 7 or 8 teenage? trouble makers in a gamer group while playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (two talkers on mic, main instigator (mod edit)) Told my son to go to a website & write it down, & to make sure to email him (mod edit)......then gave him a phone number to call him. (also fake) Told him he was with a company that works with Microsoft to keep young kids from getting banned by people that put mods on players accounts? (example; that my son's guns were shooting to fast & too many bullets at once, that he had already been hacked & modded by someone? and will get banned by Microsoft? Got my son nervous that someone hacked his account & that they said put like a virus onto his console or modded it & it will carry over to anyone's account & all games that uses it?? My son then came to me after they instructed him of possible banning to come and get a parent. He came to me & told me someone from microsoft? wanted to speak to me, I put on the headphone, got this info after the teenager?(could be young adult?) said basically the same thing to me about how my son's account will be banned if I don't follow his instructions email him, call a fake number, & go to a website. (****.com) it is a **** site I found out later after using google first. Then asked me if we had kinect with xboxcam? & said that it would all go away if I showed my (mod edit) (I'm being polite here) That's when my son reported it. I also had microsoft call me for support & she instructed me to also come to forums to say what happened for further investigations. Sad, sick & twisted games people play. I do not appreciate this at all & am furios! This type of behavior & actions is why I have my son's account to not let interactions with adults 18+. He is still nervous & upset (so am I) about this entire ordeal. Need advice & more help please. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 450 Applies to:

First off, good move on contacting support, although they really should of given you all the advise you needed. Just to clarify, did you call 1-800-4MY-XBOX? That is the official Xbox support line.

Second, if you have any messages from them, open the messages, bring up the players info and report them then block communications from them. If you don't have any direct messages from them, if your son logs into this site xbox.com and goes to his friends list, you will see a list of people he recently played games with. Find them on that list, then bring them up on the xbox console and do the same thing I said before, report the players, block communications.

Every report is investigated by the XBox Live Policy and Enforcement Team (XBLPET). What they did is very much against the Xbox TOU and COC and the XBLPET will take action against them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Something I recommend doing to prevent this is informing your son that he shouldn't affiliate with anyone online and block communications from all strangers. I do not recommend children at a young age to play with strangers and be able to communicate with them.

Also, you can put a parental restriction on his account so he can not connect to Xbox Live without a parent access key, which should only be inputted when an adult is around.

For security purposes, a young child should not have access to Xbox Live due to the people who are in the gaming community and the damage they can do without second notice.

Unfortunately, a ban on the accounts of these teenagers wouldn't stop them. They can just create a new account and continue this so the only thing I recommend is to prepare your child about situations like this and if you feel is necessary, parental lock it from doing whatever you want to restrict it from doing.

If you wish to use the parental control, feel free to refer to this official Xbox support page for further instructions: support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.