Taking Console From UK to USA

Hi everyone, I have a few questions about moving my 360S from the UK to the US and whether it is possible. The power supply itself is rated 200-240 volts and to the best of my knowledge most US domestic supplies are 100V. Is it possible to get a new power adaptor from MS direct or through another source and use it without damaging the 360 unit? If this is not possible would a voltage adaptor work?

Also I know that the PAL consoles signal output is different to the NTSC output but would the use of a HDMI cable get around this rather than trying to buy a PAL compatible TV or import one? If I can get the console to work in the US I'd rather take the games I have over rather than have to start my collection over agian.

I'm assuming that any points cards, subscriptions, memberships etc will have to be bought online through a .co.uk website and delivered to he US or the code emailed direct as these codes are generally region locked 

Thanks in advance :-) 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

You should give the Support number a ring when you get the USA. They should be able to sell you a new power-pack.

Any recent TV should be able to hand both PAL and NTSC signals over any type of connection, you'd have to have really old TV for it not to be able to handle both.

Gold subscriptions are region free but Microsoft points are region locked. It's also worth nothing that you will run into trouble buying content because your account region (UK) wont match the region given by your IP address, which will of course be from the USA.

If you don't want to switch to a completely new account then create a Silver when you are over there and use that to purchase the content, which you will then be able to use on your UK profile. Avatar items excluded of course.

Also not many games are region free, so you'll find that most from the stores wont work on your UK Xbox 360, so it would also be a good idea to buy another console while you are over there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="voteDC"]Gold subscriptions are region free but Microsoft points are region locked. It's also worth noting that you will run into trouble buying content because your account region (UK) wont match the region given by your IP address, which will of course be from the USA.[/quote]I really should proof-read these things before hitting Post.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.