system wont update

hello, so I've recently recieved an xbox 360 from a friend. the original style. it hasnt been powered up or connected to the internet for a quite a long time, when i go to start it up, it goes right to an error message saying it cant read the update from the disc. 

so i went online, did steps 1-8 on the system not updating thread. still does the same thing. wont update from the flash drive or anything. 

i also talked online to Jane D, via the support chat. reference number: dont know what happened to it. irrelevant. she basically brought me back to those troubleshooting steps anyways.

i am using a technicolor router/modem from xfinity model number TC8305C
Using a WIRED connection
error message: Can't read the update from the disc. Please reinsert the disc to continue the update.
status code: 351F-3F4A-2800-0F00-C000-0034

Thank you for your time.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

bump

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi ,that error code usually indicates some sort of hardware failure. That may be why the console hadn't been used for a while,

Error code C000-0034 occurs when you try to install an update from a storage device
Problem

You may see the following error code and message when you try to install an update to your Xbox 360 console from a storage device,

C000-0034

Can’t read the update from your storage device. Please reinsert it to continue the update.
If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support

This may mean that there is a problem with your storage device.

Solution
Bananas !!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.