System Update stopped

I want to know why when I turned on the xbox and it asked me to update I did and then I got the messag....system update stopped and know if I turn it off and back on it doesn't go away.... the other thing it says is cant read the update from your storage . please reinsert it to continue....

40a3-416b-2780-c000-0034

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

You may have to install the update manually. To be honest I googled your issue and a lot of people are saying to install the update from a USB Flash Drive. If you need any more help, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks and have a nice day! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

well it had a flash drive in there and it wouldn't take... I believe at the beginning it did say that memory was full but didn't think much of it... should I get him a new flash drive?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

-

You can try that, or remove some of the stuff on the usb. Demo's and games can be redownloaded via the account download history.

If there is enough space and still get this error, see this link for some ways to update the console: support.xbox.com/.../system-updates-info

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue. I spent several hours using all kind of methods suggested online but nothing worked. That 'system update stopped' stayed forever.

But

After I inserted my newly bought game, it updated! because I later found out the update comes with the new game. I am very angry why nothing was mentioned on Xbox online?!

Sorry this didn't help.