System Update sometime Tuesday....

A wee message from Major Nelson tells us there is a system update sometime Tuesday.

It is NOT the dashboard update, and there are NO new features.

October 10th 2011 7:48 pm PT Xbox 360 System Update coming this Tuesday (no new features)

Sometime during the early morning hours tomorrow (Pacific Time, Tuesday, October 11th) we are pushing out a mandatory system update. If you are signed into LIVE already, you may be signed out. Once the update has been completed, you’ll be able to sign-in again and back online in a few moments.

This is a general system maintenance update and there are no new features that will show up once your system has been updated.

Xbox 360, Xbox Live By Larry Hryb, Xbox LIVE's Major Nelson

http://majornelson.com/2011/10/10/xbox-360-system-update-coming-this-tuesday-no-new-features/

Thats the end of this Public Service Announcement. Good Day!!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Cheers for the heads up mate.

cheers for this mate, also is there an official date for the dashboard update?

The details for the next major update are here:

Microsoft has finally decided to offer a slew of TV providers as part of the Xbox Live experience; including BBC iPlayer, Channel 4, Channel 5 and LoveFilm. A new report from GigaOM suggests that Microsoft are "targeting" a November 25th launch for the update, which will also include Kinect voice controls, voice recognition and improved gesture controls. The dashboard will also be redesigned in a new format that Microsoft has branded "Twist Control."

Dashboard redesigned again. Great, it'll get even slower and more unresponsive.......

I finally got round to plugging my daughters Kinect into my console the other day (ready for some forza head-tracking/autovista) and having a bit of a mess about with it..... it certainly needs updating doesn't it! lol

the dashboard update is on nov 15th to mark the launch of the xbox 360 6 years ago and the first xbox live update.

Kwl.  

Its Nov 25th the new dash. The one that's today only reflashed the DVD drive from flashed xbox 360s

Mines just updated now.

Was going to ask what it did but no need.

Didnt they do one just before a mojor ban wave around this time a couple of years ago, maybe this is what they intend to do again. Wouldnt surprise me with all the aaa games due to be released in the next month or so.