System Memory

Ok, I need more room on my Xbox and the system items are taking up a huge chunk of my memory. Can I delete these? Do I need them? What will happen if I do? Please respond ASAP. Thank-you. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

System items are typically not recommended for deletion. If you press Y at the storage screen it will suggest what is best to delete. Have you considered adding storage? Do you have a hard drive in the unit already? Do you have any USB memory sticks available that you could plug in?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Most USB storage devices, such as flash drives, can be used to add storage. You will need to format them, however, and I'm not sure you can download demos videos or games. The best solution is a larger hard drive. The new Xbox 360S models have separate hard drives you can buy at Wal-Mart. Meijer, Target, and GameStop. These are 320GB units which should be plenty.

Take note that EA games such as Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Battlefield 3 currently take up almost 40GB combined, about 30GB just Battlefield 3. I have both and they definitely hog space. Also look for incomplete downloads in the Memory section of the system settings. These will have an icon with a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in the middle. Incomplete demo downloads can take up 1-2 GB each and will be available to play until fully downloaded.

Check the amount of storage certain games take up too. If you install your games each game is around 10GB, which can take up a lot of storage space too. But like ericjwilborn said, system items are something you don't really want to delete.

Sorry this didn't help.

Dont delete the system items part of your hard drive space is set aside for these and are used for updates and things of that nature. I would go with ericjwilborn and say add you some storage. either get you a larger harddrive or a usb thumb stick now its important to know unless the thumb stick is branded by x-box it will need formatting to work a page which describes this process can be found here:  

support.xbox.com/.../usb-flash-drive

Sorry this didn't help.

System items shouldn't be taking up a huge chunk of memory. I don't think all the system item files on mine even exceed 1 GB of space. It shouldn't be so much that there is space issues because of it, even with a 4 GB model.

Sorry this didn't help.