System Link

We have a regular games night at our place & recently a friend suggested he might start bringing around his 360-S have so we can system link them for 8 player Halo Reach matches (we have a GOW3 360-S & are considering buying another 360-S for 12 player down the track). I was wondering, can everyone's profiles be accessed from any console in a system link or will we need to transfer from console to console via USB?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there. To the best of my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) profiles cannot be accessed from another console via system link. However, if these profiles are all Xbox LIVE profiles you can download your profiles to each console beforehand.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Vorpal! Yes you can use a USB stick to put a profile on any one Xbox at a time.

That's the easiest way to transfer from one Xbox to another, provided you have one available. ;]

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, you can use a USB for account transfer on any XBOX. Good luck in your matches!

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, from the top:

We have a regular games night at our place & recently a friend suggested he might start bringing around his 360-S have so we can system link them for more players, we ourselves are looking at buying a 2nd just so we can have more players when he can't make it. I want know if you can access profiles from one console on the other consoles in a system link so we don't have to have most of the profiles on USB flash drive. A few points to consider;

XBL Gold is out of the question because

A) two-thirds of the 20+ profiles are friends who don't normally game or don't have an XBox (they are PS3 or Wii gamers) & I can't justify dropping $1,600 or more to make it possible to copy them on to each console.

B) we don't have the net on & I don't have the money right at the moment to fix my place up to get the net connected (looking likely to be over $700 to do that).

USB flash drives, a painful solution... I will have to either

A) buy a bulk supply of flash drives so each profile can be stored on a separate USB.

B) move half of the profiles to my friends 360 for the night.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="VorpalDragon76"]

Ok, from the top:

We have a regular games night at our place & recently a friend suggested he might start bringing around his 360-S have so we can system link them for more players, we ourselves are looking at buying a 2nd just so we can have more players when he can't make it. I want know if you can access profiles from one console on the other consoles in a system link so we don't have to have most of the profiles on USB flash drive. A few points to consider;

XBL Gold is out of the question because

A) two-thirds of the 20+ profiles are friends who don't normally game or don't have an XBox (they are PS3 or Wii gamers) & I can't justify dropping $1,600 or more to make it possible to copy them on to each console.

B) we don't have the net on & I don't have the money right at the moment to fix my place up to get the net connected (looking likely to be over $700 to do that).

USB flash drives, a painful solution... I will have to either

A) buy a bulk supply of flash drives so each profile can be stored on a separate USB.

B) move half of the profiles to my friends 360 for the night.

[/quote]

If you dont have internet, you cant play System Link. (You dont need be able to access Xbox LIVE or Xbox.com, but just locally.)

PRO-TIP: Use ethernet cables, if you dont you will need to keep the ping under 30. If you have higher ping that 30, then the xbox wont connect because of security things.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Enemy RPG"]If you dont have internet, you cant play System Link.[/quote]What?

An Internet connection is not required for System Link. A local network is, but since the 360 S contains wireless that's not much of an issue now.

There's a decent support doc explaining the various methods available to set up system link.

[quote user="VorpalDragon76"] I want know if you can access profiles from one console on the other consoles in a system link so we don't have to have most of the profiles on USB flash drive.[/quote]No you cannot. Profiles have to be stored on the console they're being used on. USB flash drives are the easiest way to accomplish this.[quote]B) we don't have the net on & I don't have the money right at the moment to fix my place up to get the net connected (looking likely to be over $700 to do that).[/quote]Keep in mind that to play a game, everyone has to have the same version of the game. Either everyone should update their game before coming over (boot the game while connected to Live), or everyone should clear their system cache prior to gaming. The former updates the game with whatever the latest Title Update is. The latter restores it to its stock condition by removing all Title Updates.

Sorry this didn't help.