system link through computer's wifi?

I have a 360 slim but my son has a older 360 that is connected with an ethernet cable to the computer and connects through it's wireless. he wants to system link on GOW 3. I am having trouble figuring it out. can it be done and if so how?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Yes this is possible, you cannot have one wired and one wireless though. They either both have to be wired or both wireless. For a wired connection, you have to buy a cable separate from the xbox. For a wireless connection you need a wireless network connecter for each xbox, except the xbox slim. The xbox slim has a built in network connector. Now, turn both consoles on. Before you do anything else, i reccomend you update both xboxes to the latest dashboard version. Now go to my xbox, my settings, then network settings. Find Availbable Networks and on the right should be advanced settings. Click create ad-hoc network and done. Each player can connect to this now via available networks on their own console. Now all you have to to is follow the game instructions to system link play. It wont work unless you each have the same game version, maps and mission updates. If i have missed anything please pm me

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.