System Link over Wireless Bridge will not work....why?

I have a Linksys E3000 wireless router downstairs, with two xbox 360 units hardwired to it.  Upstairs I have a Cisco WET200 wireless bridge which connects to the E3000 wirelessly.  Upstairs I have two xbox 360 units hardwired to the WET200.  The E3000 provides IP addresses to everything.  The WET200 just provides a wireless connection to the E3000.  Most everything works flawlessly....except system link.  The two units downstairs can do system link together, and the two units upstairs can do system link together, but system link will not work between the upstairs and downstairs units. 

The only other flaw in this setup is that I am having some connectivity issues when hosting a live Black Ops game upstairs, when the other upstairs xbox360 tries to connect to it.  Using Live, I realize the connection has to leave my residence and then come back, through the same e3000 to WET200 wireless connection.

I was trying to avoid drilling a hole in the floor and running a cat5, but it is looking like I may have to anyway.  Any ideas on why system link will not work when introduced to the e3000/WET200 wireless connection?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Here is the directions on how to set up the system link support.xbox.com/.../connect-xbox-360-consoles-together-for-system-link-play-910583

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey smittyncrew,

I spent about 10-15 minutes researching this and it seems that no one has been able to do what you're attempting to do. There are people who are using switches that's acting as their bridge to get system link to work but as far as I can tell from these 10 or 11 different sites I've been looking at there's no way a combination of Wireless/Wired will work correctly or at all. So you might actually have to run an Ethernet cable.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Do you know what the ip address of each of the WET200's is? They usually start 192.168

Sorry this didn't help.