System Failure

I was playing Black Ops online and then, out of nowhere, it freezes mid-game. I Turn off my console, waited a few minutes, then finally turned on the console and cleaned my disc. BUT the image that it last froze on was STILL on the screen!! I turned it off again and even cleaned some of the inputs and outputs of the cords, as well as cleaning the entire system. Yet, the image still remained there on the screen! Anyone know what's going on? 

*I have an xbox 360 elite

*the system stands in the open so that it stays circulated

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Did you try to remove the game disc out of the XBOX 360 as well as try it on another TV just to make sure it wasn't the TV acting up? Do you have the ability to use your controller and press the XBOX Live Guide Button? If so, try to get to the dashboard and see if that images goes away so you can try to get to the place where you can clear your XBOX 360's System Cache. If that doesn't work, you'll have to contact XBOX Support and have the console repaired.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Both me and my friend have been having technical difficulties like not being able to load any online games and even minecraft offline but we both have good connection and are currently still takling to each other in a party so we know it isnt our internet connection. is anyone else having similar problems??

Sorry this didn't help.

There is currently an XBOX Live service problem. These errors seem to be tied to that. Please check support.xbox.ccom/.../xbox-live-status to see when it is back up and running.

Sorry this didn't help.

All of my games feeze on xbox live randomly or take a long time to . I turn off my xbox and then i turn it back on and i cant connec t my controller, then i wait a few minutes and then it works again.

Sorry this didn't help.

PLEASE HELP this has been going on for the last 2 weeks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, ConvexMosquito! This thread was last posted in over a year ago. If you could, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way we can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Sorry this didn't help.