System Error

I turned on my Xbox today and got an update. It was updating, then my Xbox went to restart, which it does during big updates, only to come back with a "System Error: Contact Xbox Customer Support." and E204 10020B05 80070003 at the bottom. I tried power-cycling and disconnecting power cords to no avail. Chatted with an Xbox support person online and they said to reset to factory defaults using the flash drive method, but I think that's insane to make us do that when it wasn't our fault to begin with. It was the update that messed up consoles(I have read that some other people are having the same issue). Isn't there another way? Can't there be another update rollout, or will that not even reach the consoles that are already showing this error?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:
Answer

Hey guys! sniperwolf, you are going to want to create a new post, as it sounds like your issue is different. Regarding the E204 error, the only solution that I've seen that works is the recommended factory reset.

If you are part of the preview program, you will want to post in the preview forums (forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx) to make sure that the team is aware of your issue, so they can work to prevent it in the future.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.