System Acting Up! Please Help!

Recently for no reason I'll be playing a game (Black Ops, L.A. Noire, It doesn't seem to matter what game) and about 10 minutes in my system will just shut down and have 2 red rings. Once the system fully shuts off I turn it back on and a message pops up to tell me that the system shuts itself down when it overheats to ensure the safety of information. So I called my local game store and than asked the usual question "is it in a well ventaliated area ?" I have had it in this area for about 3 years now, and its always been fine, so he suggested that I spray compressed air into the vents to help clean them out, I checked my vents and 90% of them are clean. Plus I'm not sure if spraying the dust back into the machine is going to help anything ? So someone please help me out!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Once an Xbox 360 gets a 2 red light error, being "in a well ventilated area" becomes irrelevant.  The damage has already happened.  The console internal cooling is faulty.   You're only option is to get a repair.  Repair Centre

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.