Synchronization button on console don't work

hi, i just realized that the button to synchronize the controller with the console don't work(the console button), i have a new controller and when i was about to synchronize it to my console it didn't work, i turned on my console and turned on my controller too, then i pressed the synchronization button on my controller and the lights spined around like usual,then i pressed the xbox synchronization button but the lights don't spin around,it don't recognize the controller,i tried pressing both buttons at the same time,pressing console's button first,just pressing the xbox's button,and still don't work,what can it be? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

[quote user="SoraAltair18"]

hi, i just realized that the button to synchronize the controller with the console don't work(the console button), i have a new controller and when i was about to synchronize it to my console it didn't work, i turned on my console and turned on my controller too, then i pressed the synchronization button on my controller and the lights spined around like usual,then i pressed the xbox synchronization button but the lights don't spin around,it don't recognize the controller,i tried pressing both buttons at the same time,pressing console's button first,just pressing the xbox's button,and still don't work,what can it be? 

[/quote]I would suggest checking out the following page for the guide. If you've gone through those steps, then it's possible there's an issue with your Xbox hardware.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/connecting-game-controllers

If you have a Xbox hardware issue, please see the warranty FAQ for more information.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/repair/warranty-faq

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,thanks for the reply,but yes,i've already gone through those steps but the lights surrounding the power button on the console don't flash when i press the connect button.

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you hear/feel the click of the button when pressed (if it the older phat console)?

If you can then its the console that's at fault.

If you can't then is the face plate on has it should be? Because if its just a little bit off or out of a line then it may be missing the button, try removing the faceplate then re fitting.

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks, yes, my console is the old phat and i can hear the click of the button; what should i do?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi again

If you can hear the click of the button and its not working then I would look at the warranty page as posted above because it sounds like a hardware fault.

If its not in warranty You could get a wired pad as that should work and doesn't cost that much.

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks for the help,bro

Sorry this didn't help.