Sync'ing my accounts nightmare

Now what happened next is unbelievable.  I had a Gmail account that I wanted to abandon and move back to my hotmail account that had been inactive for 2 years.  I could never reach a human being after months of trying to get my Hotmail account back.  So in the meantime I purchased a XBOX for my son Christmas 2012.  I used my Gmail account due to the fact I was waiting to get my Microsoft email reactivated.  I also purchased a Windows phone and 3 Windows O/S's.   

After a month I decided to give up on my old hotmail account (could never reach a human being) and created a new Outlook.com email account.  This forced me to reinstall 2 of my Windows OS computers and reformate my Phone (lost all my apps and had to start from ground ZERO).  

Rule (MAJOR RULE) When you attempt to join the Microsoft Eco system... be sure you have a defined email that you want to live with.   (P.S it took my Windows phone 22 hours to reset).  I spent countless hours on the weekends with tech support trying to get my Windows 8 reconfigured to meet my new Outlook.com integration.   So now this brings me to the TOTAL NIGHTMARE.   Apparently the rule if I knew then what I know now could have saved me 9 months of pain.  To this day I still don't have ;my Outlook.com account set up on my XBOX.  I started out contacting tech support and got the "O no problem"  all you have to do is...... (musical chairs with accounts)

When I created my Oulook.com account and signed into XBox they thoughtfully assigned me a new avatar.. this was a very bad thing.  I wanted my Oulook.com account to be my integrated account for all devices.  In order to do this I must:

Crate a dummy account to move my avatar from my oulook.com account so I can free it up.  Then I can move my gmail.com avatar to the freed up outlook.com account.  Sounds simple... almost 1 year later... UGGGGG.

See Microsft decided to lock your account for 30 days so you cannot make a change to it for security purposes.  So when I created the dummy account I had to wait 30 days in order to move my Oulook avatar (that I did not want) to the dummy account.  Then I had to wait another 30 days to move the avatar from the gmail account to the ouloook.com account so that I can keep all my purchased games and credits.  This actually took me 3 months to accomplish.  And then a few days before I was allowed to move my gmail.com avatar to the oulook.com account I decided to log onto the XBOX forum and vent.  So when I logged onto my Oulook.com XBOX account it decided to automatically assign me another avitar..  I did not notice this at first.  So that ment another 60 day wait because I had already changed the gmail.com account and now the outlook account also.  I finally contacted a very dedicated and helpful resource at Microsoft.  He has called me many times at home appologizing for the frustration and trying to help.  So 2 months ago we had everthing set up for the next move which would have close this call last month, except for the fact we did not add the dummy account avatar to my XBox console.  He was unaware that would create another 30 day wait.  Bottom line Microsoft needs someone on the phone that could cut out all this crap and configure my accounts so that I could enjoy the investments I made in there ECO-system. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hey there Tinktoy! I'm sincerely sorry to hear about the account issues. I can certainly see how this could be a frustrating situation.

Are you still in contact with the agent who's been helping you? If so, it definitely sounds like you're headed down the right path to getting things sorted and that agent should be able to get you there.

Thank you very much for your patience so far and for allowing that agent to assist. Please let us know if you have any questions and we'll do our best to assist. =)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

January 2015 still unable to resolve my issues....      Pathetic.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.