Switching xbox live to another account?

Hey, so I got my xbox live account all set up (It wasn't letting me use the email/password for my existing offline account for whatever reason... I'm not sure what i was doing wrong) but all of my saved games and whatnot are still on my offline account. As far as I know, there is no way to transfer saved games/achievements, but I was wondering if there was any way that I could change the gold account so that it would apply to that previous profile instead of the new one I made. 

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hi there,

You are absolutely right about no transfer possible. The only way to do what you want is to get your offline account Live. As changing the association of your new Gold would be a transfer and that cannot be done.

You should try getting Live again. There is no reason why it shouldn't work. But you will now have to use a different email than your new account's.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you just purchased the gold subscription you can try contacting support to see if they can cancel the gold and give you a token to use on the other account. They are able to cancel the subscription as long as it's within the first 30 days (if it's a one month subscription they can't). 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or support.xbox.com/contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.