Switching Xbox but want to use the same account

So I used my buddy's xbox for about a month because my xbox was on a bag that was coming in late. When I finally got the bag a month later, it wouldn't let me sign in. It's probably have to do with the fact that my account has been linked in too many xbox devices. How can I sign in on my own xbox? It's giving me error code 80151006 and I checke the code stating I just need to make an account which I already have? I live in NY if that helps

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Fortunately, your account can be kept on as many xbox's as you want! Also, what do you mean "On a bag?" I lived in New York for a few months and have never heard that expression.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Let's start by clearing your cache. Here is How to clear your Xbox 360 system cache --->(http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/system/clear-system-cache)

As for that error code, that code means your Microsoft account is valid, but not associated with an Xbox Live account. Are you sure you are using the correct Microsoft account to sign in with? Let us know so we can continue working to resolve the issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Another thing you can try is to delete your profile off of your xbox, and just re download it.

You should try this after you clear your cache.

Sorry this didn't help.

if you are still having issues try logging into xbox.com. If you are not able to you might be using the wrong email to sign in with if this is the case the next best option would be to call 1-800-4MY-XBOX for further assistance.

Sorry this didn't help.